Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I found a sweet 1973 Tiger 750 in the local Nickel. The price was right and it did well on the two short test drives. I brought it home, did some minor work on the carb and some electrical fixes but the more I ride it the more unreliable it seems. Ill be cruising along, holding speed, the bike sounds good then out of no where it sputters and dies. At first I figure no gas, but tickle the carb and gas flows and it would start right up again. This is after only maybe 20 min of riding. Then the other day it dies and wont start again. Gas is there in the carb but no turn over. I trucked it home and checked the points and they're good so now Im thinking the coils are bad? Could I loose spark mid ride? Thanks ahead for the tips...
Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not the gas cap, have new plug wires, have fuel at float bowls. Next in line for trouble shoot are the kill switch tip, pull the plugs and kick it to make sure I have spark. Thanks for the specs on the kill switch wire color, Tony, thinking that might be it... Love this board

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.