Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I need some help, I am putting in a new oil tank and I wanted to make sure I hooked the oil lines to the right place. (feeder, return and breather).
If you can point me to a diagram or picture I would appreciate it!

Thanx for any help..

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
No Good said:
OK I need some help, I am putting in a new oil tank and I wanted to make sure I hooked the oil lines to the right place. (feeder, return and breather).
If you can point me to a diagram or picture I would appreciate it!

Thanx for any help..
Feed from bottom of tank.. the rest to the top!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rockymtnpits said:
Feed from bottom of tank.. the rest to the top!
Ya I know about into the tank, I need to know about going into the motor! Thanx.

·
Registered
726 Posts
The oil pump is under the cam cover on the right side so run the lowest output from the oil tank to that one. On top of the cam cover is the return so run that to an input on top of the oil tank. The breather is behind the rear cyclinder and run that to the top also. Not sure if you have a chain oiler but if you do it will be behind the return and I ran that from the output on the bottom of the oil tank. Some ironheads have a tube that runs off the return and works a a chain oiler.

This is how I routed my 61. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polock Joe said:
The oil pump is under the cam cover on the right side so run the lowest output from the oil tank to that one. On top of the cam cover is the return so run that to an input on top of the oil tank. The breather is behind the rear cyclinder and run that to the top also. Not sure if you have a chain oiler but if you do it will be behind the return and I ran that from the output on the bottom of the oil tank. Some ironheads have a tube that runs off the return and works a a chain oiler.

This is how I routed my 61. Hope this helps.
Ya that helps alot! Thanx...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts