Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting read to put my motor back in my frame and I was wondering if I should put my kicker cover and primary cover on before or after I install the Engine? Everything is basecoat and clearcoated so I am a little worried about scratches I would like to put the covers on after the install. Would this create any problems?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
it's a lot easier to hug the motor and get it into the frame when you can grab the kicker and put the primary cover against your belly,
put blue masking tape all over the frame, that gives you a chance to bump it without scratching it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with Tony the Torch - after having tried both I can easily say from now on every motor will be fully assembled so I can take advantage of the kicker and cover for grab/carry room. I've done blue tape and newsprint (seems to be softer and easier to cover bulk areas) to protect the paint. Makes the whole thing so much easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.