Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone remember a bike painter from the 70s called Rajah? Lots of color/flake and striping. He was in a bunch of chopper mags during that period. How about Chopper magazine columnist Tiff Ford? Google turns up nothing.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
It was RAJA... (Roger Cassano) one of the top Califa painters in the seventys..and as you said, famous for his epoxy flake use in panels, ribbons, flames, etc...
He painted almost all the bikes build by his shop Chopper Specialties in Stanton, CA. (and Anaheim location also..)
In every mid to late seventys issue of Street Chopper magazine there is at least one bike in it with paint by RAJA..

Got a bunch of pics, but will post them later..

·
Registered
710 Posts
I got tons of Street Chopper and Digger mags I'm slowly scanning. I'll post pics soon. I know I have an all paint issue that has a step by step in it by him. He was on top of his game.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I know, old thread, but I think this pic still fits in..

Raja (Roger Cassano) listening to the law..:D

His personal bike.. (1969) 33" over, 4.5" downtube stretch

·
Registered
820 Posts
They used tons of our AEE parts at Chopper Specialties and Mickey and Roger came in often. Mickey was a buddy of Tom's (McMullen) but don't know about Roger. He did plenty of paint and I saw many of them, great stuff, especially on the molded stuff he got it right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roger (aka Raja) Cassano was my dad :) This is bittersweet to read but I am glad I stumbled across it either way.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roger was my dad. Sadly I never knew about the details of his death until reading this post. As bittersweet as it is, I guess I am glad to know some details. He had some demons I heard...me being one of them perhaps :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts