Jockey Journal Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Going through pictures that haven’t been posted on this build thread, while I’m away and can’t get into the shop. This is how the ride sits now. I just got my seat back from the local stitcher but don’t have any photos, it turned out great.
I have the brake line ran entirely in flex braided, but haven’t bled it yet or even added fluid. I’m still thinking about running rigid bent line to clean it up more. The headlight bucket is still apart because it’s some cheap aftermarket piece that I hope to replace when I find one. I’ve got leads, it just hasn’t gotten to the point of being urgent.
Everything is wired with sheathing from a place that escapes me at the moment, I’ll follow up with the name. I put a connector block in the battery area on the rear oil bag mount I made. It turned out pretty good. Ignition switch mounted on a tab off a kicker cover stud, same as was on Gentle Ben.
The shifter bracket is from CC or TT, don’t remember, but that might be something I change. When I took this rig out a while back before paint and some other changes, the shifter seemed like it hit my leg while shifting. It might need to be shortened up, easy job I can deal with later.
I could go on, but will probably be repeating earlier posts!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
It's raked. I liked that. Early top tree with the wide riser spacing is a nice touch often overlooked. I dig the Midget too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks.
The seat was made using an old aluminum seat pan from another I had laying around. A local gal did the diamond tuck and assembly. She does a great job. I think this is the second one she’s done for me.

The front end is orig H-D side hack rake able trees with Franks tubes. Took me about a year or so to get it together with the help of Charlie in Butler, WI.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That tail light/plate set up was inspired from an old sissy bar I bought from you, Mike. The only part left is the light, though. I couldn’t deal with the rechrome on yours, so I ended up rebuilding a new one. It turned out how I wanted it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It’s a mustang style 3 or so gallon tank. The left side cap is a dummy. The paint was on it already when I started the project. It was an FX frame that I added a weld on and stretched the down tubes a little.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally finished and rideable, just getting around to posting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great stance. The lines are just right, well done

21 - 39 of 39 Posts