Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: New Chopper Build 69 FLH

I like the looks just as it is, but that's just me! If you start to chop it let me know! I might be able to take some parts off your hands.

·
Registered
227 Posts

You got it not gonna do shit to it but put it back together and ride it
Good deal! 69 is the year I graduated school so that year is kinda special to me! I love the lines of the bike the way it sets and am glad you plan to run it that way!

·
Registered
424 Posts

Don't forget appropriate hipster apparel and attitude.

Needs a frico'ed sporty tank, santee weld on, z-bars with cool green grips, paucho wide springer, 3" belt drive with a dice magazine sticker! Ohh....and I forgot to mention the bates seat!

just kidding..LOL ...nice score!!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Here is what I found when I started cleaning up the parts. I think he ran the lifter a little to long bearing is completely gone . It tore up the pinion gear, breather gear, cam lobe and gouged the case where the oil pump bolts up hopefully not so bad the oil pump won't work. Ordered new parts and cleaning up hopefully have it together soon

Thanks for looking
Ryanm

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

What a beauty. Definetly worth doing the engine right. You are at the right place for good advice on the repairs.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

ouch, some people never know when to stop running a bike, good luck taking care of it

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts

Fix it and enjoy lot's of miles!

·
Registered
820 Posts

Ouch.Gald you found the noise. Fix it and ride it. Those Gen Shovel FLH have a Soul of their own.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts