Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now know why I was confused on my forks they are 68 internal versus the 66 external the bike came with. Does anyone have a 68 internal spring fork assembly drawing the can post. I need to see if I have everything.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Dragon but I am now as confused as a Bastard on Fathers Day. That looks like the 66 external spring assembly, I have those parts with the exception of the external spring. I also have two 5/8" tubes that are 10.5" long and two long 3/4" dia springs. I assumed those are the internal spring components.WTF

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Craven Moorhead said:
Thanks for the help Dragon but I am now as confused as a Bastard on Fathers Day. That looks like the 66 external spring assembly, I have those parts with the exception of the external spring. I also have two 5/8" tubes that are 10.5" long and two long 3/4" dia springs. I assumed those are the internal spring components.WTF
hmmm....

they used the external springs/gaiters thru '70, then everything changed - frames & forks.

maybe someone has springs like from '71 ^ or jap & some spacers just to clean it up..... let me hunt up the '71 breakdown I posted a bit ago.

here's the '71 :

dont know the dimensions on the spring right off, tho.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
craven..... call MCC, down on milwaukee street in south milwaukee, REALLLLLY cool guy, you can take the parts there and he will show you whats up, as well as give you a nice deal on anything you might be missing.. wont charge ya SHIT for helpin ya either, AWESOME guy.. fuck it, just buy my triumph, hahaha... i need it GONE...

ps- when we gonna hang out? i can come help ya with taht if u ever need, i need more ridin buddies, you BETTER be done by spring!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dragon thanks again, I think I may have a conversion kit sold by Franks. Now if I can just figure out what else I need to use it. 51 Rat I appreciate the source MCC, I will have to look them up I tried the Shop a while back and they were really no help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.