Jockey Journal Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
That modest little sissy bar looks about as good as a swingarm sissy can look.

[Note: Not a putdown, or at least not meant to be one. Sissy looks fine, is what I am struggling to say.]

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
The bag and tear fender almost match... i like details like that.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
For everybody else's sake, I'm going to confine my comments on your bike to when I *don't* like something you're doing. This is your final notice that it all looks real good.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I hope I didn't imply that I don't like fatbobs. In fact the opposite is true. Whatr you, nuts?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
After too many "one step forward, two steps back", I back at the Genny Shovel. Decided to go with the original frame and FX tanks and fender. 2 over tubes with adjustable wideglide triple trees. Still arguing with myself about the handlebars, have three sets from which to pick. 18" on the back but have a 19" on the shelf that needs to get laced up and on.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Well after shoulder replacement and two surgeries on my elbow, a good friend came down from Okla to help me get the motor in! Of course us two old farts overthought the process and finally called in the young-uns. Thanks to my son-in-law for the muscle and back. Motor is now in the frame and it's time to start laying everything out.

Hosted on Fotki

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks great John. Sorry to hear about the surgeries but it sounds like you're on the mend. Always liked the way a gen shovel looks in a stripped down swinger frame

·
Registered
322 Posts
Bobs, sporty, bobs, sporty. Whats it gonna be ?

Just messing with you. Really nice either way.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Bobs, sporty, bobs, sporty. Whats it gonna be ?

Just messing with you. Really nice either way.
Yeah, its kinda confusing right now. The sporty tank was laying there last night when my son-in-law stabbed the motor for me. I can run it without having to trim the fatbob mounts off so can use either.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts