Jockey Journal Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
A friend of mine has a deuce and the shape of its fender is similar to what you have there. Never thought much about it until another friend pointed out it looked like a duck. So I think you are right in changing it up some. But in my opinion I think the problem is it is so tall and round without the seat on it that it’s kind of ,well, ugly. But I didn’t think that when you first posted it, so I’m wondering if it’s because the seat isn’t there to break it up. Or maybe it’s just the lighter color. At any rate I would advise you to look at it with whatever seat and sissy bar you are going to run on it before you modify it. May change things dramatically.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Before you cut: Where's the license plate going to go?

Reason I like it as is, is that in continuing the strong horizontal suggested by the fender rails, it looks finished back there rather than, uh, chopped. Smooth not crude.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Before you cut: Where's the license plate going to go?

Reason I like it as is, is that in continuing the strong horizontal suggested by the fender rails, it looks finished back there rather than, uh, chopped. Smooth not crude.
License plate will go on the sissy bar and I've decided not to cut the fender. Thanks for all the input!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ah, progress but no pictures. Frame and swingarm to powder coaters. Pieces should be ready at the chromers when I get to Gainsville on Friday. Now just to choose the paint and then start putting her all back together.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Oh the fun part. Scratch it early on so you can enjoy it rather than stress. The best advice I can give. It gonna earn some and get dirty anyway right?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Oh the fun part. Scratch it early on so you can enjoy it rather than stress. The best advice I can give. It gonna earn some and get dirty anyway right?
You are so correct. I hate new paint and chrome...……...well that's another story.

·
Registered
483 Posts
^^^
that's something i have thought about as well...
i love the look of that old center piece and that setup would allow
me to control the ignition timing with the magneto.

very cool, i'll watch this :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
And never run a two piece bar in a one piece clamp!! Don't ask me how I found that one out. At 70MPH.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Frame and swingarm back from the powder coaters. Just wipe down the West Texas dust and chase the thread and then start the process. Heck yes, about time. Oh, and yes I did go back to the drop seat frame.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Worked in the garage a little last night. All threads chased and starting to bolt up things to see how it will look. Fat Bobs on but still fight the urge to run a Sporty style tank that I've got coming to me.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
And then of course another choice of handlebars come down the road. Speedster bars I've been told. 30" wide and less pull back. I kinda like 'em. Decisions, decisions.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Worked in the garage again last night. It will be the last time for a while. Not sure about the jock shift but...……………………….

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The neat thing about this W&W "Sportster" tank is that all the fatbob tank mounts are still on the frame hidden away inside a custom tunnel.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts