Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about them? My bro-in-law has been offered an old race bike for $1000. It's a 650. It will need lights of course for the street. It's orange. He's supposed to find out more info.

$1000 for a running '59 BSA seems like a good deal to me though. Thoughts? It's an old motorcycle mechanic, and the guy's had it for 40 years.

He knows very little about bikes. So he called me.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
ill buy it if u dont want it, LOL...

nice deal!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Django said:
Anyone know anything about them? My bro-in-law has been offered an old race bike for $1000. It's a 650. It will need lights of course for the street. It's orange. He's supposed to find out more info.

$1000 for a running '59 BSA seems like a good deal to me though. Thoughts? It's an old motorcycle mechanic, and the guy's had it for 40 years.

He knows very little about bikes. So he called me.
probably some kind of A10 (pre-unit) .. could be a great deal, with a known history like that ..

see if you can get the frame and engine numbers, & we can find out exactly what model it is ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
411 Posts
GRAB IT.....

My first bike was a 59 A10.....fuckin GREAT bike. Although I had mine in a custom rigid frame back then (took alot of shit for it)

That was the best year A10, even tho any A10 is great.....

From my recollection the 59 was the year that they beat Trump, and even the HD in racing....

Wish I still had that bike

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have a 59 A10 . Broke down twice on the EDR . Thats why you never go on a trip on a bike you never started !

In a box torn apart the bike is $1000. Those are the nicest rides next to Norton750 that came out of Brit. Much better then the later unit A65 .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts