Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up folks? Haven't posted in a long time. I have a thread buried here somewhere with my 59 build that came to a halt cause of money issues but I'm ready to get back on her.

I know my buddy who has helped me every step of the way, Joe "choppedtriumphs" will know this but thought I would throw it out for discussion.

When I purchased my basket case, it came with two later model carbs (barely used) Amal MK II 30mm (I think). They run great on the bike, though it's not been takin on the road yet.

The question is, on a 1959 Bonnie with splayed intakes, where there several or only 1 carb setup available? I would like to put it back to original in the carb section, though the bike is very far from original.

Without digging the old thread up, this is the state she sits in at the moment. Waiting on a seat from Xian, then I can get all my welding done on her and proceed.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My 59 T-120 came with Amal 389 Monoblocs

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
yes, they should have 389 mono's.
as for me I don't like to see a pre unit with concentrics on them let alone Mark II's ....
a bike like that has gotta run well and look great.

·
Registered
270 Posts
1959 Bonnies ran a one year only head and a one year only set of chopped 376/204 monoblocs (with a single remote float bowl). Both items are very expensive and are really only worth buying for a restoration.

Here are a few pics from one I sold off years ago:

On your bike, I would run a set of 30mm concentrics or a pair of 389 monoblocs. It's hard to tell from the pics, but your engine looks like it might be alternator charging, which would make it 1960-62 if it is a T120.

-Shaggy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts