Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of cases that had a repair done in the right side and replaced the cam bushing with a bearing. Seems stout enough but I can still see some cracks in the cam chest (see pencil arrows). Was wondering if I should have them welded from the cam chest area. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think i would make it right so it dont come back and bite ya.Your in va take it to arno hes in maryland collage park 30 min from you.Need his number let me know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey bro...iiggii's right!!! Arno"z the shit..quick turn around+done right..i use his service all the time.. Never no problemz..kool

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dropped it off at Arno's. Really cool shop and guy. We enjoyed picking his brain and seeing all the cool stuff that he has rebuilt. I didn't know that cases that destroyed could be rebuilt like that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can you post an "after" picture when you get it back? It would be great to see what it should look like when repaired properly.

·
Registered
655 Posts
dropped it off at Arno's. Really cool shop and guy. We enjoyed picking his brain and seeing all the cool stuff that he has rebuilt. I didn't know that cases that destroyed could be rebuilt like that.
So, how did the case repair turn out?
Any photos?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got the cases back yesterday and they look alright. He welded up the cam hole and re machined it as he said that when he welded the cases new cracks appeared.

old

new

1 - 14 of 14 Posts