Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
The juice extractor lid, re-purposed for an air cleaner, is very Art Deco in appearance. It reminds me of the BMW motorcycle and rider, Ernst Henne, I believe it was who just-before WW II put himself into the record books with a factory supercharged ride. Here is a pic of him and his helmet. Resemblance?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very cool. I like the use of the seat post but what kind of light bulbs fit in there ? An 1157 tail light bulb ?
Great build , clean and cool , love the I beam springer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I really enjoy seeing all the bits and pieces that JJ posters dream up for their bikes often from stuff that is just laying around the shop. Lots of good examples here, nice work!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That tube down with the bulbs and spark plugs is genius!! Could be used for all sorts of stash!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The leather set is over , finaly the pad was more dificult to do than the Seat. For the fun I build a blanket straps and a bottle holder with the same leather and dye

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
(ElekVins, is there a JJ build thread or what have you about that bike? Nice.)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yes Ratso, bike is well known and documented, it's his personal ride, he totally rebuild it for BF6 after he crashed it...

·
Registered
278 Posts
i could live with that chocolate brown.
some say with the ethenol in fuel , plug appearance is not reliable indicator how motor is running but it's got to be better than ash white, crusty, burnt ,fluffy carbon black or oily black.
in France you have high ethanol content fuel, right?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looks good to me Will, maybe you can run a little more rich but not much

Thunderbird, most gas stations in France offer 95 and 98 octane fuel and also 95-E10

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Nice to be reminded of your very good-looking pan. Thanks for the new pic.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Looks amazing man!

Started my knuck for the first time in 5 months yesterday, first kick! always a positive for the start of the riding season!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts