Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help have a 48 EL cases and a 76 donor motor. was wanting to know if anyone has used the 76 shovel crank in this case before. If so what alterations to the case need to be done for this to work properly also planning on putting the jugs and heads on as well. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Special output shaft for converting late wheels to early roller cases, pinion will work with the 76 gears......Roach.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see post about 48 case and always wonder if I will com across a brother case. I am 48EL609*. are you close? I have a 1950 ford tractor and happend to find another 1950 that was 2 numbers off my serial

·
Registered
552 Posts
Looking for a little help have a 48 EL cases and a 76 donor motor. was wanting to know if anyone has used the 76 shovel crank in this case before. If so what alterations to the case need to be done for this to work properly also planning on putting the jugs and heads on as well. Thanks in advance
The cylinders and heads are an A-B-C swap. Using that lower end in those cases is way more trouble than it's worth; nothing is interchangeable except the rods.
Shafts, bearings , wheels-all different than early Pans. Just get the early lower end stuff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
you need to machine the cases out to suit the later larger bearings sprocket shaft will need to be changed as earlier motors had shorter shafts

jugs and heads will bolt on but if you are running a shovel top end you will need to make an external oil supply to the top end

my pan has mismatched cases, pan timing side, shovel alternator side, 80" shovel flywheels and pan top end, previously it had 74" shovel wheels, once cases have been modified everything bolts together like standard

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Using the adapter shaft like I said, and you can use Alt wheels in the roller lower end, Been done many times and just keep it mild and the motor will live a long time.......Roach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.