Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where could I find an exploded view of a 47 Harley Knucklehead oil pump I'm trying to help a friend out,He thinks he's missing a spring that goes under the rotor under the cover.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Other than the check valve and pressure relief springs I don't believe you'll find any.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Didn't knucks still have a centrifugally controlled oil pump by-pass under the cover? I know it was deleted and a special block off plate and gasket was installed later, which WILL work with earlier pumps (and was considered by the factory to be an update). If that's the case, he can run it with out rotator if he uses the plate and gasket, which are still available.

-Kuda
'49 panchop

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Didn't knucks still have a centrifugally controlled oil pump by-pass under the cover? I know it was deleted and a special block off plate and gasket was installed later, which WILL work with earlier pumps (and was considered by the factory to be an update). If that's the case, he can run it with out rotator if he uses the plate and gasket, which are still available.
Yes, later Knuckes('41-'47 and '48 Pans) did have the rotor "governor" to bypass excess pressure. But it never had any kind of spring in the mechanism.
Robbie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts