Jockey Journal Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
damn dude that's one sexy as hell magnum
i love those exposed valve heads ,those will be my next projext
for now still working on these and they are for land speed !

a bit more of a puzzle because i had two single cilinders ,that had to be made into a V-twin engine ;)

next time i will make an open valve engine ,when all these ^ 8 engines are up and running

sorry for the hi-jack
i love what you are doing ,keep it comming !

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I got 90% of my transmission done this weekend. It's based on a stock 3-bolt 45" 3-speed transmission. I'm running high gear only, and I've pretty much converted the transmission to an "in-out" box. I still need to kickstart the bike, so I kept the cluster gear, but removed the all the teeth except for the ones meshing with the clutch gear. First and second gears are gone from the mainshaft, along with the first gear shift fork, shift clutch and second gear bracket (in the case). The second/third shift clutch has the second gear engagement teeth removed. The shift cam has the groove modified so that now the fork only engages the clutch gear (locked in) or is "locked out" where second gear used to be.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have to remove the exhaust on the blue bike to check the transmission oil level (even with a shortened filler neck). On this trans, I removed the filler completely (it was already broken off to start with) and filled it in, along with the second gear bracket bolt holes. With no gears in the transmission I am going to add a filler plug/dip stick in the top cover (another reason to remove the teeth from the cluster gear).

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Awesome work!

I see you are upstate, and the Saratoga Nissan ad in the paper means your close. Blows my mind that there is such awesome stuff around me I don't even know about.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Might be a shame to stick this here, but this was the only thread that came up when I searched for "45 OHV."

I may have heard of these before, but never saw so many, or such good, photos. H-D's own experimental bike; according to Mecum's description, the only one there is.

<1938 Harley-Davidson 45 CI OHV Experimental | R477 | Las Vegas 2022 | Mecum Auctions>

I bet Harley's paint job wasn't as pretty as this one.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts