Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here but i've been on HAMB quite a while everyone there said i should post some of this here

The bike already runs but why not make it faster. sorry i dont have pics of the bike now it's in storage but it is black with old style flames and a XA springer

Check out the factory porting on the KR racing cylinders That is a '40 WL bottom end i'm planning to come up with a set of KH wheels and with the overbore that will make it around 56 or 57 cubes
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Shaggy said:
New here but i've been on HAMB quite a while everyone there said i should post some of this here

The bike already runs but why not make it faster. sorry i dont have pics of the bike now it's in storage but it is black with old style flames and a XA springer

Check out the factory porting on the KR racing cylinders That is a '40 WL bottom end i'm planning to come up with a set of KH wheels and with the overbore that will make it around 56 or 57 cubes
do they(kmodel heads/barrels) bolt on to the 45 lower end or is there more to it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the Harpoon said:
do they(kmodel heads/barrels) bolt on to the 45 lower end or is there more to it?
Almost, one hole is off Not Quite to valvetrain yet Not sure on the differences between K and KR either valve and oil wise
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Like i said on the HAMB, awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that bike is pretty close only i have a set flanders ape hangers and flames
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
Rich,

Thanks for posting the Mike Williams bike....definitely one of my favorite bikes of all time. If it is still around, I would love to see it!

Hank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Shaggy said:
Almost, one hole is off Not Quite to valvetrain yet Not sure on the differences between K and KR either valve and oil wise
Looking good! As mentioned next door at the HAMB, I've been collecting K/KH cylinders & heads (mostly brutally used & barely salvagable) in the hopes of cobbling together a decent pair for an eventual WL/KH build.

If you don't have Panic's books from Victory library, you'll likely find loads of good info you may/may not be aware of in there re: K top-end on a W bottom. Loads of other good 45 info in there as well.

For now, need to switch back to chain primary & get my gearing in a happier zone on my stocker! ;) The K top-end will have to wait....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My cylinders are barely salvageable too there .050 Over but i found out why the kr cylinders are a lot of times that bad Ama would only allow .050 over when they were racing so some of the big unraceable ones are left
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top