Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've got two projects I need to finish before I can start on the 45.
My frame is a poster child for a bad 70s acid trip. Once I get it sorted out, I can have it rolling in a very short time. I had hoped to get it up this year, but I got hit big for taxes and some unexpected home repairs which ate up my play money. LOL!
Hank

·
Banned
700 Posts
The engine is stock, with the exception of the carb. I've got a Linkert m-18 I'm going to put on, just need to find a manifold for it.
Kickstarter!

The nominal 1" model M-18 and its restrictive manifold may disappoint you, as it is designed for the low end torque requirements of a Servicar.

I would suggest a WL manifold, and any 1 1/4" model M instead.

M-18s are not that common, and you may be able to find an even-up trade for both.

....Cotten

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What kind of non-destructive speed can you get out of that, assuming the engine is mostly stock?
It's not fast by any standard. I've never had a spedo on it so I don't know how fast its ever gone, it will putt down the back roads fine.

Kickstarter!

The nominal 1" model M-18 and its restrictive manifold may disappoint you, as it is designed for the low end torque requirements of a Servicar.

I would suggest a WL manifold, and any 1 1/4" model M instead.

M-18s are not that common, and you may be able to find an even-up trade for both.

....Cotten
I don't need to loose any more power even if I do have the carb already. I've got a few Amal's, wonder how one of those would work.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Kickstarter!

Its not that the M-18 robs power, it just gives it all to the low end, which is necessary for lugging around with a lot a payload.

How big o' boy are you?
The M-18 venturi can be hogged out a skosh, too.

I have no clue about AMALs
(and not looking for any).

....Cotten

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Kickstarter!

Its not that the M-18 robs power, it just gives it all to the low end, which is necessary for lugging around with a lot a payload.

How big o' boy are you?
The M-18 venturi can be hogged out a skosh, too.

I have no clue about AMALs
(and not looking for any).

....Cotten
I'm tall, but not a big ol boy payload. lol

Sweet, looking forward to it.
I've been watching your build on here and it is top notch!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Kickstarter!

Is that aluminium?

Do you chalk your files?

Pool table chalk works great.

....Cotten
I made this out of four pieces of cold rolled steel. I'm hoping it will look like it was a cast piece and not cut out on a mill. I started cleaning it up today, I've got one more spot to weld.

I've been playing around casting some aluminum parts, so I'll give the pool table chalk a try to keep the files from loading up.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
because the bike fell over ...due to the heavy wingnut :D;)

cool bike
man i love my "45 's
pretty sure you will say the exact same thing
I'm not sure what it is about 45's, but they just seem to take you back to a simpler time.

I'm looking for a Servi frame thats been hacked to so I can build a trike like this as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
They sound like a sick lawn-mower, but the operator has a much better look on his face than that of one pushing a sick lawn-mower. Love puttin' around on 45's!!!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts