Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a pic of my indian. The orange is horrible. The whole bike was that color when i got it. I powdercoated the frame the blue, which i had to do twice. The first time i Ran it through the oven oil came out of nowhere and ruined the powder. Thats How I learn that old frames need to be baked first. In the pic it looks real light,but its more like a dark ford tractor blue. The sheet metal and rims are going black. Ordering the spokes this week for the rims. They are in major need of reconditioning. Springs coming quick, so i want to get it on the road as soon as possible,
curtis

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
humbug said:
heres a pic of my indian. The orange is horrible. The whole bike was that color when i got it. I powdercoated the frame the blue, which i had to do twice. The first time i Ran it through the oven oil came out of nowhere and ruined the powder. Thats How I learn that old frames need to be baked first. In the pic it looks real light,but its more like a dark ford tractor blue. The sheet metal and rims are going black. Ordering the spokes this week for the rims. They are in major need of reconditioning. Springs coming quick, so i want to get it on the road as soon as possible,
curtis
heres my pics

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice ***** Bobber Man" Looks like its close it riding, Paint color works for me

Leave the Pipes like that" People will Shit bricks when you comming down the road

Now" whats under the Car Cover?

Gruntis

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard that before about the paint but for some reason the orange drives me nutz. Maybe cause orange usually=harley. Under the cover is my 51 chevy hardtop. A buddy painted it awhile ago and its starting to look worn so I'll probabbly paint it this summer.
Gruntis said:
Nice ***** Bobber Man" Looks like its close it riding, Paint color works for me

Leave the Pipes like that" People will Shit bricks when you comming down the road

Now" whats under the Car Cover?

Gruntis

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah" Nice old surviver maybe a Black and Blue paint job is in order Man"

Like to see your bike whens it done, I got the bones of a 24 Chief & A Twin Mag JAP Engine out of an old Dirt speedway bike , I can feel a ***** Bob Job comming on this Summer.

Grunt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts