Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jon what I was thinking is he could mount the thing and then just let us all know!
Well so far that seems to be the plan. The tire fits between the forks but i didnt want to waste the money getting it mounted on the rim if it wont fit. Guess ill do the trial and error thing

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have run Dunlop K81 TT100`s on many oil frame drum brake Triumph`s and BSA`s with no interference problem. That is if the wire front fender hangers are not bent. If it is similar in profile to the Dunlop it should fit.
regards,Bob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have run Dunlop K81 TT100`s on many oil frame drum brake Triumph`s and BSA`s with no interference problem. That is if the wire front fender hangers are not bent. If it is similar in profile to the Dunlop it should fit.
regards,Bob
Is that k81 the same size as a 410? and im not running a front fender so that shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a thick goodyear. I cant get it on the rim, i already tried. I have a guy that will do it for $10 but I hate paying to have anything done. Maybe i can do it if i have someone help me. I just dont have enough hands

·
Registered
770 Posts
Justice: Sorry, I didn't consider having to pay somebody else to do it. If you try it again, hose the whole works down with WD40............did you try that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used some oil but not alot. I think ill give it another try this weekend with some help from a friend and more oil.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
For the record, I HATE mounting tires with knees and tire spoons. First indy shop I worked at, we had to not only do that, but carry them down two doors to the gas station on the corner to air them up. (That was 35-40 years ago.) Now I know people who will let me use their machine.

But $10 seems like a bargain. Everyone around here seems to get $30 from guys who walk in the door with their own tires.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There used to be a 4.25x19 on the front of my 500 ...

The '71 has a weird fender mount setup with those 'wire' stays ... they may take offense to the larger tire ... other than that, it should fit ...

·
Registered
137 Posts
K81 identifies the series of dunlop tire, 4.10 is the size. Dunlop K81`s do come in a 4.10-19 size, and they are usable on the front of the oil frame BSA`s and Triumphs. I am not sure what series of Goodyear you have, but it should fit if it is 4.10-19.
cheers,Bob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K81 identifies the series of dunlop tire, 4.10 is the size. Dunlop K81`s do come in a 4.10-19 size, and they are usable on the front of the oil frame BSA`s and Triumphs. I am not sure what series of Goodyear you have, but it should fit if it is 4.10-19.
cheers,Bob
Good news. Ill get it mounted and start putting some pics up. Its a work in progress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
400 Firestone Champion Deluxe tire...

Hey,

Looked thru the threads here and was curious about about 2 things:

1.Would a 400 Firestone Champion Deluxe 19in fit on the front forks of a '71 Triumph TR6R(if anyone has ever run one)?
2.Would the tire fit on a WM2 rim or would I need to grab a WM3?

Thanks.

Cheers,

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry bout the intro, posted one up in the intro section. Got a '71 Triumph TR6R that I picked up this summer for a great price. Bike runs great and now that winter is coming, it's time to start some mods and customizations for the bike. Looking to put a larger tire on the front and rear rim and was wondering if the larger tire would clear the forks and also fit on the stock front WM2 rim or if I would need to jump up a size in rim.

Cheers,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I put a goodyear 450 in the rear and a 410 in the front, my triumph is a 71 tr6r also with stock rims so it should fit just fine. The guy that helped me put my front tire on said that he wouldnt go any bigger than a 410 on a stock width rim.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.