Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here working on a '40s style bobber? I'd love to hear some details and see some pictures. I'm tired of searching the web for "bobber" and wading through pics of whitewalled bikes with apes to find the few examples that appeal to me. Are these bikes just a novelty/curiousity in the larger scheme or are the builders just so '40s style that they don't do computers?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Bigcheese5300 said:
Anybody here working on a '40s style bobber? I'd love to hear some details and see some pictures. I'm tired of searching the web for "bobber" and wading through pics of whitewalled bikes with apes to find the few examples that appeal to me. Are these bikes just a novelty/curiousity in the larger scheme or are the builders just so '40s style that they don't do computers?

·
Registered
114 Posts
whizzerick said:
I took this pic at the AMCA meet in Broofield this summer:

Not a '40's STYLE bobber but a '40's bobber, period.
I'd have snatched that up for that price!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great pictures of the '40s bikes, fellows. I'm assuming the red knucklehead belongs to knukkl, anybody else belong to the bike the posted? I love that look. Occasionally you will see something "modern" done this way and I think it's pretty cool (double standard, I know, I think a '90s Caprice with white whites and steelies is gay). I'd love to see some Shovels, Ironheads, Evos or even some Japanese V-twins in this style, if anybody's got anything like that.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Bigcheese5300 said:
Thanks for the great pictures of the '40s bikes, fellows. I'm assuming the red knucklehead belongs to knukkl, anybody else belong to the bike the posted? I love that look. Occasionally you will see something "modern" done this way and I think it's pretty cool (double standard, I know, I think a '90s Caprice with white whites and steelies is gay). I'd love to see some Shovels, Ironheads, Evos or even some Japanese V-twins in this style, if anybody's got anything like that.
1996 Evo Softail...and 1988 Evo Softail...1993 Evo in hardtail frame..

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
richard cranium said:
Is that $5900 Canadian?!? That seems like a lot of bike for the price or are 45's just that cheap?
45s are cheaper

·
Registered
825 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Danny F. said:
1996 Evo Softail...and 1988 Evo Softail...1993 Evo in hardtail frame..
I like those softails. Decent examples/renditions of simpler times past. That may not be "hardcore" to some, still I know what I like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts