Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock harley 4 speed transmission that is supposed to be from a 1977 flh.. It shifts backwards, one up three down.. Is there an easy way to get it to shift normal or is this a special type of trannie??

·
Registered
250 Posts
The top of the rachet cover can be changed so the arm points down. That should solve the issue. I've seen a lot of shovel FXs with that shift pattern but I'll be damned if I know why. Chec Ebay for an FL coer for the ratcet.

·
Banned
2,013 Posts
If it is a tranny for an FX with through the primary mid controls it has a reversed shifter drum. It is made mirror image to the regular one. when set up with the proper mid controls it is one down three up just like normal! You need to change the drum to make it work correctly with forwards.
Robbie

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
It makes banging gears really easy. You just need an FL type plate to go on the shift drum for the linkage. The FX is on the top, the FL on the bottom. Simple fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.