Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
AJH said:
sleeves in the jugs - scary to me - ebay extra scary -
That's a standard thing to do an all cylinders. Even new bikes have cylinder sleeves. The big thing is to make sure they are installed correctly. With an interference fit. Some guys even silver solder them after fitting. The engine in question has the 11 fin cyls which are not considered as good as the 13 fin. And the early cases aren't as strong as the later ones. But then, it's a flathead and that engine at best is going to put out 40 HP. The corvair pistons are a common replacement for the UL engine (with shaved skirts?) Looks like a good unit to me. Reserve isn't met but I bet he want's at least $6500 for it. I've sorta been looking for one. But now is not the right time. I'm spread too thin on bike projects as it is...If you really want it, I'd bid on it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Creepinogie said:
And that belt drive setup is worth a couple hundred. But what's the reserve !??!
my guess would be 6500 on the reserve...well worth the money...title and completely rebuilt cost you more then that on a rat motor to re-do...to bad the cylinders weren't the 13 fin ULH jugs...somebody will snag that up...I passed up a deal on a frame springer 4-speed tranny and motor all rebuilt 80" for 6 g's last year still kickin myself on that one...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Don't know were he's from but, the first Sidevalve motor was made in 1929 and last produced in 1973. Maybe for 80 in, not all side valve. I bought a complete running, rideable 80 incher for 6000.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Panman51 said:
Don't know were he's from but, the first Sidevalve motor was made in 1929 and last produced in 1973. Maybe for 80 in, not all side valve. I bought a complete running, rideable 80 incher for 6000.
Those days be long gone...I could see it pulling 65 if it had original ULH cases and jugs...but what the hell do I know I've seen stranger things on egay...I seen a ratty 35 VLH go for 3500 nothing done to it but come out of the bike that sit a 1000 years...Heh Heh...after seeing that I think the 65 is a deal...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts