Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oilburner said:
Has anyone here ever been to this show? It sounds like a good excuse to jump on the bike for a good ride to me.
I have as well as some of the other guys on this board. The show has some good old stuff that people pull out of lock and key so they can show it off. Found some good buys at the swap. This will be the third year I am going. For all the people that just come for a few hours there is paking field with tables and benches. Good group of people! All different years, makes and models are found. Hope the weather will be like last year!!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's on my list of places to go then, unless something catastrofic happens I'll be there! Gotta go on mapquest and see how far of a ride it is. Think'n 4 to 5 hours, yee haw.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oilburner said:
It's on my list of places to go then, unless something catastrofic happens I'll be there! Gotta go on mapquest and see how far of a ride it is. Think'n 4 to 5 hours, yee haw.
It's fairly easy to get to. I'm not sure where Rome, NY is, but if you're near any of the major roads, just head towards NYC, go around or through Manhattan (your choice, I avoid it when heading out of here) into Queens. Little Neck Parkway is on or near the border between NYC and Long Island, depending on where you're at on it. Floral Park is in NYC and Nassau County, again depending on where you are at the time (some houses there are partially in the city and partially outside the city, it's weird). The farm is about 10-15 minutes from any one of the north entry points into Queens. It's a little further if you come through the Staten Island route, or through Manhattan, but no more than an hour even with traffic.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For you guys that live down that way, or have been to the show before, I'm going with two others, riding down from upstate (Utica area). What I want to know is, what are we in for. I've never been to NYC before, let alone riden in it. Am I'm I going through the city to get to the show (as in "IN" the city), or is it going to be 4 or 6 lane highway to get there? I'm looking forward to a long ride, just wondering what I'm looking at once we're close. Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oilburner said:
For you guys that live down that way, or have been to the show before, I'm going with two others, riding down from upstate (Utica area). What I want to know is, what are we in for. I've never been to NYC before, let alone riden in it. Am I'm I going through the city to get to the show (as in "IN" the city), or is it going to be 4 or 6 lane highway to get there? I'm looking forward to a long ride, just wondering what I'm looking at once we're close. Thanks, Mark.
Wear a Kidney belt, bring some duct tape, zip tie wraps, bungees and a well stocked tool bag. You're gonna need it - for yourself or a Bud.

My .02 - enjoy

·
Registered
767 Posts
Oilburner said:
A. you dont have to go into manhattan, i think u could take the throughway all the way down, either take the GW bridge or tappan zee, to the throgs neck bridge. throgs neck to cross island parkway (stay in the right lane on the bridge and youll merge right onto the cross island. then take that to either the LIE or grand central, to little neck pkwy. the show is fun and a good time. long ride just for this show though.

B. u live near deerfield? i was there a few weeks ago, and turning stone

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yea, Deerfield is like 15 mins away, just down the road.
Yea, it's a long ride for a lot of shows, but it's the excuse for a long ride that I was looking for, to somewhere I've never been. Stories for the grandkids and all that shit. Hope the weather hold out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts