Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I put together my BSA,with a 19" front hoop and 16" rear----I would like to run a 21" on the front to give it the right look and stance.Everyone says it looks good with the 19"....but I'd like it to sit a little lower in the ass.

On the same subject,I can't seem to find any place that makes the old mini drum brakes for the front,which is what I have now.Mine needs pads.I would get the brake laced to my new 21" if I could get parts.Or,if anyone knows of a good,small and good working DRUM brake I could use---please let me know.I may use a stock Brit drum.They look cool,but a little big and not what I'm really trying for.Any help from you serious Brit/Sporty guys?

Thanks,

Jimmy D

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might want to try V-Twin I seem to remember seeing them in the catalog for moini spools.
jimmydiesel said:
After I put together my BSA,with a 19" front hoop and 16" rear----I would like to run a 21" on the front to give it the right look and stance.Everyone says it looks good with the 19"....but I'd like it to sit a little lower in the ass.

On the same subject,I can't seem to find any place that makes the old mini drum brakes for the front,which is what I have now.Mine needs pads.I would get the brake laced to my new 21" if I could get parts.Or,if anyone knows of a good,small and good working DRUM brake I could use---please let me know.I may use a stock Brit drum.They look cool,but a little big and not what I'm really trying for.Any help from you serious Brit/Sporty guys?

Thanks,

Jimmy D

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm kinda in the same spot as you, only i'm still in the build process on my Trump.
I bought a 19" wheel with a mini brake and want to relace the brake to a 21" hoop i bought..
I'm gonna have to find the laces to do it..
First bike i've had my hands on in over 10 years so i'm pretty much new to it again and still learning where to buy the stuff i can't make :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
jimmydiesel said:
,if anyone knows of a good,small and good working DRUM brake I could use---please let me know.
hallcraft is the most popular

also look into older dirt bike ones...honda/bultaco and the like

fyi: the small ones really are just hill-holders...they do very little braking at speed

ive still been damn glad to have 'em

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that V-Twin makes them,but they seem to be assholes to my local dealers as well as myself for info,products,pricing and otherwise.I love the V-Twin stuff,especially in lieu of the CC crap.I just can't get along with them on the brakes.Hopefully someone out there has them in stock.

I don't know how the 21 would handle on my bike...I ain't rode it that way yet.I do know that the 21 has a better tire selection (although I'll be using a Speedmaster) than the 19.It is a chop....so who's to say about the handling.The Speedmaster I have in back is a tall ass tire,comparitively,to the other 16" on the market.I have a Continental (brand new with sticker) if anyone is interested.How does Warren Lanes El Rey handle with the mountain bike rim????

What I'd really like to do is a small Brit/HD dirt bike drum to the 21 hoop.Something that fits on an AEE springer without much bullshit.Although I'm sure I'm going to have to drill,cut and machine my own spacers.Again,any help????

Jimmy Diesel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts