Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the new school year on Tuesday 9-5-2011
yesterday on 9-8 we had Knucklehead 101 lesson. I rode in Elvis and we did a breakdown of the 1936-1947 knuck era and I discussed what makes the 47 unique to the other years.

Here is the new class even have 4 girls this year which is cool, haven't had many in the past!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Teach, I've admirred your work (on the bikes and with your students) since I joined JJ. You're doing an awesome job sharing your skills and giving those kids something they want to be a part of. Keep up the good work! Much Respect

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wish I would have taken classes like this too - but meh I'm not too old yet, you've inspired me to go forth and enroll.
Might also step out of being a wanna be biker chick by actually learning to ride - if anyone is interested in teaching they should contact me :)
Yes I went on a tangent and made it my own

peace

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
awesome and inspirational for future riders to really get a handle on working on old iron, wish I had the opportunity I was young, great stuff Teach keep them learning

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Teach,

The curmudgeon in me goes Harrumph, Harrumph that's not what they should be teaching in schools!

But then I wander into what an inspired instructor could do with this, teaching them the math and science they ignored before and making them mini engineers.

I work in industry and often lament the uselessness of todays graduates. We offered remedial courses in the plant so they could do the basic statistical analysis we wanted. And they did it! It's not that they were stupid, they were uneducated!

Thank you for the inspiration to draw them back into the educational matrix and perhaps example why/how those crazy concepts can be used in real life! Too many instructors are charmed by the theory and never offer practical examples to the students.

I support this program, Harrumph, Harrumph :p:p

·
Registered
788 Posts
Can't wait to see what you and your kids build this year.

Out of curiousity, why is the 47 knuckle more desirable? I'm work my way backward from evo, to now shovel and hopefully next will be a pan so in about 5 years ill be looking for a knuckle.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Can't wait to see what you and your kids build this year.

"Out of curiousity, why is the 47 knuckle more desirable? "

I never said the 47 was more desirable..there were the most made out of any year knuckle so they are the most common..what I did say is that they are unique to many one year only parts so if your piecing one together starting with just case like I did it sucks cuz everyone wants top dollar for that one year only last year knuck shit. And the 47 isn't the only year bike that has that type of shit going 48 pans for example have the unique wishbone frames etc. Its just a pain in the ass only if your building a certain year bike and want the correct parts..if your building a rider and not worried about that crap its cool or a chopper like strange brew was I didnt give a shit what the hell was going on it as long as I liked it on the bike

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sorry teach, misread the original post. Totally understand now.

I still cant wait to see what you are cooking up this year!

·
Registered
447 Posts
youre showing the class, literally
and figuratively I think too

what's unique about the 48 pan wishbone vs the other years?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts