Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
You mean other then its Revtech? :)
c.c-huber said:
Just bought a flyrite with the 88 Revtech and the 5 speed trans in 4 speed case. Wanted to see how folks liked this set up? Any problems or concerns with these motors/trannys?

·
Registered
617 Posts
c.c-huber said:
Exactly...some people have horror stories about these motors and others love em!
I have a horror story about mine. This last winter, it was icy and snowing out and I couldn't ride the hell out of it.;)

mitch

·
Banned
63 Posts
c.c-huber said:
Just bought a flyrite with the 88 Revtech and the 5 speed trans in 4 speed case. Wanted to see how folks liked this set up? Any problems or concerns with these motors/trannys?
Its a pretty common setup for an aftermarket bike. I have never run a FR build but that combo motor and tranny seem to be ok for standard riding around town. Anything bigger than 88inch is a risk. Big inch aftermarket motors are known for being less reliable, drop those big inch motors in some aftermarket frames and other shit can happen.. Most aftermarket frames are not stress tested etc, to take more horses than stock, so hard riding over a period of time can bring potential cracks in the frames and other components including the front end.
Not sure what your cost was, but getting good value for your money will only be determined with time and riding.
All in all, that combo is not a bad place to start. FR did a good job putting that together.
Things to keep and eye on over a period of time.. tranny plate/mount points, frontends at trees and rockers on those springers, all crucial welds on the frame. good luck and have fun

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
crocustoms said:
Its a pretty common setup for an aftermarket bike. I have never run a FR build but that combo motor and tranny seem to be ok for standard riding around town. Anything bigger than 88inch is a risk. Big inch aftermarket motors are known for being less reliable, drop those big inch motors in some aftermarket frames and other shit can happen.. Most aftermarket frames are not stress tested etc, to take more horses than stock, so hard riding over a period of time can bring potential cracks in the frames and other components including the front end.
Not sure what your cost was, but getting good value for your money will only be determined with time and riding.
All in all, that combo is not a bad place to start. FR did a good job putting that together.
Things to keep and eye on over a period of time.. tranny plate/mount points, frontends at trees and rockers on those springers, all crucial welds on the frame. good luck and have fun
Thanks for the knowledge!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry guys...
That was an unusually poor attempt at sarcasm.
I'm normally much funnier than that. Tough crowd!
I should have used the ;) or the :rolleyes: instead of the :eek:.
Won't happen again.

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what it is, as long as you dig it.

Billdozer1811 said:
Uh, pretty sure that was the Japanese.

Revtechs are made in Korea as far as I know.

-Bill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.