Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have oil blowing out of the rocker cover gaskets, high pressure ! what would cause this ? i have replaced the gaskets because it had been setting for a while , would this be caused by the breather gear not lined up at the proper mark ? any info would be a big help . thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hav you been running this motor for awhile with out this issue or did it just start happening? I would make sure that your crank case vent line is clear and that oil is returning to your oil tank through your return line properly. I have also seen this problem occur once when the later twin cam oil filter is use on an evo. the oil pressure backs up and wont flow correctly thru the higher micron filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am going to check out the vent line today , oil filter ! never thought of that , it has done this since the first time started . the motor has been setting for a couple of years i thought the gaskets might be dryed out . any other ideas ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Was it leaking before you changed the gaskets? The way I read your post, you changed them because they were old, not leaking. I have seen new gaskets that were not installed right leak pretty good. Take a close look at the new gaskets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we found out why it was leaking ! rocker cover was a little warped , put it on a marble slab and it rocked just a little but enough to cause a leak. thanks for all the response .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts