Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 79 FXEF in a Paugcho frame. It was in pieces when I got it which was OK with me as the motor and possibly the rotery top trans is all I plan on using. This basket came with a folder full of documentation, a clean special construction title to the frame and some real eccentric pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually had started this build around a 1976 Shovelhead that I was reluctant to chop up seeing I have the matching numbers frame so I'm glad the 79 came my way. New springer, wheels, and Paugcho frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love sideways pics. Continuing on, put all that together, throw on some apes, a Lowbrowcustoms narrowed frisco tank and a fender just to get a visual idea. Pay no attention to that junker in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowbrow tank was to long on the backbone, wasn't really digging the apes. So took the tank from that junker, threw on some pull backs, stuffed the motor and trans between the rails and a hores shoe oil tank. This is where I'm at fon now. Stay tuned for updates.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I believe you mean "whore's shoe." It's gonna look good. The bike I mean.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm building this one for my old man. He is 72 this year, a Vietnam Vet and he raised my ass and loved me no matter what hell I put him through. So when he said he wanted to ride again, I put him on my Triumph and he rode untill he stalled it out. Thats when we found out he just couldn't kick em anymore. And that brings us to today's progress.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up swapping out the rotery top for a ratchet I had been hording for my own Shovelhead. I swapped them because of fitment issues with the starter motor. The rotery was never going to work seeing the clutch linkage was invading the starter mounting cavity in the inner primary. Then there was the issue of the oil tank fitment which is still an issue that I'll work on tomorrow. I've also got to call J&P cycles and let them know they sent me a defective starter pinion gear housing. The hole where the needle barring goes is about a half inch to big for the barring. Anyway I did get the starter motor and solenoid mounted, the inner and outer primary is on, aswell as the new Paugcho upsweeps with fishtail tips that I ordered from our own @Von_Wegener. Thanks Mike.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as in all builds there is the dreded this shit isn't going to work day and today was that day. First off tho oil tank my old man wants to use isn't going to work unless I completely cut it apart and reform the bottom of it and then it'll have to be rechromed the numbers say it'll be cheaper to just buy one that fits. I'm just unsure which one will fit. Any suggestions on a horseshoe oil tank that will clear the electric start in a ridged frame is much appreciated. Second and I knew this from the get but trying to convince my pops that the rear fender is radioused for a stock Dunlop tire and not the vintage Firestone he has. So a new fender need to be purchased. Only positive forward progress today so far is I cut some stainless wheel spacers so atleast now I can roll it around if I need to.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Thank you for the nice shout-out Larry. Much appreciated. Bike is coming along great and Larry Sr. will have a fun time on it I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I believe you mean "whore's shoe." It's gonna look good. The bike I mean.
It's called a horseshoe oil tank because of it's shape but I have never seen a whore so I would not know what shoes they wear.....

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts