Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just picked this bike up today ,It wasnt in a barn but the dudes yard . I bought it off the Second Owner (He didnt do anything with it ) This bike is just as it was found from the Original Owner after Sitting For 38 Years

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice, any more pix? What about a build plan?
I dig rescue stories!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The boat Tail is still on it , Its Pretty Rough alot of the ''Little Tin'' Covers and stuff are rotted right through .The Plan is to restore it as close to original as i can . I tore it down to the frame this afternoon . And am now making the parts list of what needs replacing and what was missing . Ill Put up all the pics i got in a few .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Choice find. It will make a fine restoration. Sad that a bike was let rot away unused like that, all for the want of a spray down with WD40 once a decade. But the flipside is that wear and fatigue inside will be minimal if it sat unused that long, so once its gussied up a bit will make a good rider.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope Motor is Coming Apart , thats the next step i have to pull the motor and trans from the Frame . It will be a project but a fun one. The Original finish on everything is trashed .

·
Registered
300 Posts
Upon my return from Vietnam, I bought one of these bikes for $2400 from Phil Peterson's H-D in Miami. I made a chopper out of it. I do have a mint "Boat tail" fender, with the rare inner fender and a almost mint seat as well as the original receipt and plenty of pic's in various stages of "Chopperization"!

·
Banned
7,407 Posts
Rare Finds.......

A Story that happened......

53 Chevy...For Sale....Low miles....$600
This was the add in a small by-monthly Mag....."Country Peddler"

Well Sir....
Guess most of y'all heard one like this....

Turned out that the Chevy belonged to an Old Farm Couple that had it stored in their barn for many years...They was selling the farm and moving to the city....

Their Son bought it new before he went to the Korean War.
He didn't come home.

A Guy that seen the add, went to have a look...They pulled off the cover and the Chevy was a Corvette....The Old Couple only seen the Chevy script on the front of the car saying Chevy and didn't know what they been keeping as a Keep-sake for all those years in the Barn....

The Fellow did the right thing and told them what they had......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
7,775 Posts
That's sad that someone would let that get like that! You've got your work cut out for you on this one!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
^^^^Thats what I was thinkin, damn thats sad., Have fun restoring her and ride it back to the guy and show him what he missed out on.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts