Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a triumph for a while so I would have a bike to ride while I finish up my Shovelhead project and just having a backup bike is nice when you don't have a car. I found this one for a pretty damn good price so I went for it.

The bike is fairly "out there" and I planned to change a few things up but after riding it for a few days its kind of growing on me the way it is and I like the fact that this was made in a whole different era. It would be kind of lame to replace this bikes history with what I consider to be "cool" at the moment. So other than a few mechanical issues I think it will stay as it is.

It would be cool to hear peoples comments on this bike...any advice or specifically any info on the springer or when this bike was likely chopped. Im guessing late 70's but i'm no expert in this area.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks like a quality build for that style of bike. I imagine there are a lot of folks out there who would leave it just the way it is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i like it id leave it, if it were mine the only things id do is get it running good, might take the black of the rear legs or springer, and shorten fender a little bit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not that im trying to figure out whether or not to keep it or what to do with it. I love it and im keeping it. There are just certain things like the fitment of the fender and the seat and sissy bar I wasnt too crazy about but am now leaning towards leaving as is.

Bike runs like a champ though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty cool, Leaves me wondering what is evil about it? Hate the seat and fender. Fury or D&D springer. Thats what they all seem to be..
Good call. Totally looks like a fury.

I didn't even know about the evil thing until the bike showed up at my door. Pretty fucking funny for a bike with a sparkly vinyl king queen and a mushroom on the tank that looks like it was painted on by someone who just ate one. As ugly as the seat is it feels really nice and is in great condition. The fender, on the other hand, is hideous and doesn't fit the radius of the tire at all.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
That long fender is definitively a later addition. Ruins everything.

·
Registered
206 Posts
dddduuuuuuuuuuuuuude... get readdy to put the pork sword back into action!

stock up on plan B
THAT is funny!
That bike is sick. It looks great- and so clean!? I see what you're talking about with the rear fender- I didn't notice it at first, but now that you mention it... You could trim it. Also, the rear leg on the fork would look great chrome or purple like the rest of the bike...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yer man not digging the seat much. But shit dude if that is your back-up bike I'd like to see the one you are building. I could only dream of having a bike like that as my main cruiser.

·
Registered
213 Posts
sweet ride, the only thing i'd change is the seat colour but thats just because i'm not one for white seats, other then that it totally f'n rad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts