Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a 1969 250 trophy triumph build but it is missing the carb just wandering what would be a good choice . It will not be a correct resto just a around town daily beater kinda thing. Also is there a after market electronics to make it more reliable?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
it came with an Amal 928 on it, you could put one of those Chinese JRC 26 m/m carbs on it or a small Mikuni.
As for ignitions nothing wrong with the pints set up or switch it out for a Pazon E/I.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony we have a jrc on a 650 thunderbird it works great what jet would you start with? It is missing some of the electrics so a fresh start mightbe good. Is theft any qurks I should know about? Lower end ? Other stuff . Never been around one of these.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the charge system problematic other than that they are pretty good for a 250 c/c bike.
we put E/I's in them all the time, but they need a good strong rotor, the one in there is probably the original one and gotten weak over time. spend the $100 and get a new rotor.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good we got it very reasoable ( cheep) so the plan is to make it reliable fun and ratty looking swap meet ride so the idea of it not starting and pushing it back to the truck is not something I want to happen. Insueing geers from buddies would be no fun

·
Registered
770 Posts
Most I've had ahold of the rod bearings are worn, and they are kinda known for that. I presume you are looking inside anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts