Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1967 Triumph TR6C Scrambler is almost ready to be on the road.
So far:
-New clutch
-Lukas crap replaced with Pazon solid state ignition and added a battery (now my headlight works at low speeds!)
-New cables. Bars, Levers, Grips
-Refurbed OEM Smith's Speedo by Nosinger.
-New wiring harness put on
-New oil lines
-New tires
-The primary case was either overfilled drastically by the prior owner or the left crank seal was leaking and forcing engine oil in the primary area. (We suspect the latter.) Replaced crank seal, transmission output seal and the seal and gaskets between the primary and the countershaft sprocket.
Tank should be back from paint soon.
Still need to sort the carb out with a good rebuild and probably new fuel lines as well, but the end is in sight.

I will post pics as I get the tank back and do a shake down run.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ooooooooooooooohhh a Scrambler............... Mmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the Scrambler tank. The left mount bolt was cross threaded and bent by the previous owner. It had to be cut, drilled out and re tapped then the tank was punched through from an old repair so that was welded. Some new paint and it will be back in business.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Fantaaasstic! You have no idea how great it is to see a resto of a great model rather than read how it was chopped up to make a cookie cutter chopper. More photos please.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also resurrecting a 71 T120 that someone hacked up. I posted a thread on that resto on the Board also.
Kills me to see these things chopped up!

Although I do own a bobber of sorts. It's a 68 Bonnie modified to resemble a 38 Triumph.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
^^^ Drool!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm also resurrecting a 71 T120 that someone hacked up. I posted a thread on that resto on the Board also.
Kills me to see these things chopped up!

Although I do own a bobber of sorts. It's a 68 Bonnie modified to resemble a 38 Triumph.

You have a towel underneath it as if it will leak oil or something .... geez. LOL
Mine bleeds like a sorority house but i still love it.

Esso .... you're my neighbor ... how come i haven't seen that bad azz bike ! I want both of them !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You have a towel underneath it as if it will leak oil or something .... geez. LOL
Mine bleeds like a sorority house but i still love it.

Esso .... you're my neighbor ... how come i haven't seen that bad azz bike ! I want both of them !
I'm out in the east valley. I'm usually riding my '06 T100 and now my '10 T100. Here's my '06

I ride with the Brit Iron Rebels in the Arizona clan. We have 11 in Arizona and currently over 300 members in 9 countries worldwide. Most of the BIR AZ are also in the east valley. You can check our clan site www.britironrebelsaz.com. Some of our rides are listed there as well as a link to the documentary Hooligan that our club founder is doing.

We just rode in June 1200 miles to Durango and back (which is why I ride the newer stuff more, we do a lot of road trips) in Nov. we are planning to be at 32nd annual Hansen Dam all Brit ride in Pocoima CA again,this will be my 6th year in a row for that. Its a pretty cool time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, went through the carb, assembled it dry with all new gaskets. It had a Viton needle so I didn't change it, went to start it, the carb peed itself like a racehorse. Assuming that the Viton needle in the carb had dried so it got replaced. All seemed fine then, it ran great, no leaks, started several times, multiple test rides, everything OK. THEN It gets loaded up and pees itself as soon as I get it home. WTF? as soon as the gas was turned on, it leaks like crazy? Tapped on the bowl to see if float stuck, no help. Started to remove the bowl by loosening screws and the leak stops. Here is the deal.... The float bowl cover has a step on the inside. If the float level changes radically (dry assembly or in this case, severe angle of carb when loading bike in the truck) the float would touch the step and hang up. Moving the cover even a few thousandths of an inch (loosening screw) allowed it to free up. So, the easiest fix was to install a second gasket to shim the cover out a few thou. All better now.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I love the '68 Bonnie...some very nice touches there...the saddle..package tray..and fender lend to the older look...again..vey nice...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 68 is what I have been dreaming of building until this dam economy went south
Cool, The 68 hardtail in the pics above I bought pretty much like it is, I rewired it, added the rack on the back and put period correct fastners on it. The 67, and 71 (pics are in a seperate thread "71 Triumph T120 resto") I'm putting a lot of work into. I am also restoring 3 Hondas, an SL100 an SL125 and a CL175. Fun little scrambler bikes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts