Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been a lurker here for a while. I've picked up a lot reading, but this is my first post.

Lately I've been really digging some of the Triumph builds I've seen and I've been watching and thinking about purchasing one as a project of my own.

I'm generally good at wrenching on cars and motorcycles, but never worked on a Triumph.

I've come accross a 1967 t100 for sale in what I would say seems like "good" condition for a 30+ year old bike. It's been sitting in the sellers garage for about a year and a half without much attention, but apparently runs. The only non-original parts I'm aware of are the exhaust and oil tank.

My question is about this model and whether or not it's worth it to pick one up as a project for $1500-2000. Any opinions from you Triumph guys?

I'm probably looking at just cleaning it up, riding it as is for a while, then maybe converting to a bolt on hardtail once I know it's running solid. Photo attatched.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
$1500-$2000 sounds about right. I am working on a 500 right now. I wish I would have bought a complete bike like the one you are looking at. Would have made life much easier. Should give you a good place to start.

My 2 cents..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Flyinsolo71 said:
$1500-$2000 sounds about right. I am working on a 500 right now. I wish I would have bought a complete bike like the one you are looking at. Would have made life much easier. Should give you a good place to start.

My 2 cents..
I must agree, depending on what you want to do to it your total cost will probably be less by purchasing a complete bike to start with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: I'm now the proud owner of a 67 Triumph t100. Turns out it WAS running a year or so ago so I'm in the process of going over it to get it running again.

Overall, everything looks to be in close to running condition. First step was to empty the old gas and start cleaning the tank. There's a decent amount of rust inside and I think the petcocks are a little clogged...any tips on getting out the rust, preferrably something that won't also affect the paint on the outside of the tank?

I did a quick clean job on the carb with it on the bike and it appears to be in good shape. Oil and lines look pretty good. I also kicked it a few times to verify I've got a spark.

I'll start a new thread later on with some pics of purchased condition as well as progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.