Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it all started with a Craiglist ad.
Drove to Chi-Town to pic up a trump frame (what I belived to be a triumph) chopper frame and old school long springer front.

I was thinking of using it with a 45 flatty build tied to an a10 trans
Chopping her up to work....

A few weeks later after seeing pics posted on a forum I got a PM stating that it is a Cheatah Engineering frame for a Unit BSA.:) I always wanted a BSA Unit (I love the power egg look and the clean motor lines)

Come the next day me and a buddy are slugging a few back at the local tavern I get a phone call from an old buddy. "Hey Jay, remember Robert? He has an old BSA in the back of the garage he wants out of here."
Silence on my end as I greedily rub my hands together.
"How much?"

"Hundred bux....)

:D:eek:
Be there in 5 minutes.

Picked it up and brought it home.

Let the build begin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to source parts to complete the motor, and started testing different looks so I will give you progression pics to current situation

Stance:

Reassembled motor and chopped springer:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So welded bungs for the seat cut the kickstand off and re-welded at a better angle.

Painted the oil and gas tank not finished (Rat Rod Red)

And painted the frame John Deer Gloss Black

This is where she sits right now.

The plan is to make a bsa stencil and paint in gloss black on the sides of the tank.
Waiting on an aluminum ribbed duckbill fender. Then time to re assemble

Sorry about the pics I have a really crappy camera and suck at picture taking!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah please excuse the mess I kinda work and mess til I finish, then clean, rinse repeat.... It is also a way I can get my daughter to do chores she organizes for me at 10 bux an hour.....
I'm figuring I'm not into metal flake, and flats and satins seem to be losing in popularity... So That is the route I want to go flats and satins on the tins

Enjoy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started re-assembling after paint. Please note the tank is not done will be getting some stencil to it not sure, I would love to find a British Army 7th Calvary or 8th Infantry "desert rat" stencil. Can really see the color of the tanks now.
Hope you like tomorrow will be oil tank and custom pipes

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I'm hoping I can pull off the frame it is very "airy" lots of space. It is meant more for a long front. I really hoping the exhaust and fender pull it together. I have an aluminum on coming from 7 metal west. I'm still waiting on spokes I have a powdercoated rear 18 conical drum I'm using on the back. The conical hub should pic up a bit of space too

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AI I saw the pic of your Ironhead on Craigslist. Love the Invaders. Are you the guy that did the Triumph bob for the guy that use to work at the Tiki Lounge? I see some bikes outside the old firehouse building between freddy's and geralmo's (sp) over by spanky's that you guys?

Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
My friend John from Withrop Harbor sold that Triumph to Mike. Are you talking about Sunset Grill? I go there some times, have you been there? Wild bar, this is what the floors look like...Sorry bad pic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup that is the place! Cool hope to see you around. I'm riding a 1971 Ironhead right now, ratty, shotgunpipes wrapped, z bars. Usually I'm parked at Spanky's. It is getting torn apart this winter.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks, I'm hoping I can pull off the frame it is very "airy" lots of space. It is meant more for a long front. I really hoping the exhaust and fender pull it together. I have an aluminum on coming from 7 metal west. I'm still waiting on spokes I have a powdercoated rear 18 conical drum I'm using on the back. The conical hub should pic up a bit of space too
You're going to keep the high pipes I hope?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm running a combo I haven't seen before on a bsa should have pics up shortly. Ran out of co2 last night so used flux core to tack it up what a waste of time! Running for co2 this morning and cleaning it up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Worked on the pipes wanted a combo I have'nt seen on a bsa, wanted to get rid of some of the negative space with the frame so this is what I came up with. I like it I will machine some exhaust tips for it or lengthen and slash cut. Ran out of gas on with the welder last night so used flux core. It will cost me some time but atleast I got it tacked up. Will get gas this morning (off work today til tuesday!!!)

·
Registered
380 Posts
dude that thing is looking pretty sweet man im liking it so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude that thing is looking pretty sweet man im liking it so far.
Thanks How do you feel about the pipes? It is hard for me, shotgun pipes are always classic, and low brit style pipes have been around for ever (there is a reason for that!) I don't know if this is going to work? In person it looks better than the pics but.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
i really like those pipes because they're unique and when someone asks you won't say i payed $XXX for them, you can say i built those in my drive way for next to nothin'

1 - 20 of 49 Posts