Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on this panhead build for a while. More complete photos soon. Still have to sort out mid control problems and exhaust solutions. Check out the molding,brazing and tin plate surgery......heavy open heart vibes.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the frame cleaned up and bead blasted. Drove her to new hampshire for a doctors visit to acme choppers frame jig for the nessessary tweaking. They found a few cracks near the tranny mounts and bottom rear fender mount. Had acme repair the crack andmount some tanks for me. Great dudes over there.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got the frame cleaned up and bead blasted. Drove her to new hampshire for a doctors visit to acme choppers frame jig for the nessessary tweaking. They found a few cracks near the tranny mounts and bottom rear fender mount. Had acme repair the crack andmount some tanks for me. Great dudes over there.
frame much improved now!

and that tank's got my attention!... know who sells them?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
This one will be a labor of love. Who wants to be bridesmaid?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the tank from Acme choppers. When I was there getting my frame worked on I noticed the tank. I got it for 400 because it was not being used and the fact that I was already getting work done there. Custom is king but it does cost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got the tank from Acme choppers. When I was there getting my frame worked on I noticed the tank. I got it for 400 because it was not being used and the fact that I was already getting work done there. Custom is king but it does cost.
I don't ever recall seeing that exact tank before. does it look stamped to that shape (the peaked front)? kinda shark nose like. it's too narrow and not long enough for what I want, but if I knew where it came from I could contact them for more info.

now I'm getting somewhere!... looks like they are cutting something else down and folding the front a bit to get that peak. (no two exactly alike) they do nice work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the stuff I looked at at acme was high quality and heavy duty. Def a place for parts that are actually going to be pounded on.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I like the bike but...those headlights and that front tire...ouch. Just my opinion, I'm usually wrong so take it for what it's worth.

·
Administrator
7,775 Posts
I like the bike but...those headlights and that front tire...ouch. Just my opinion, I'm usually wrong so take it for what it's worth.
I agree and hope the o/p takes it as constructive criticism?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I went there to look at a springer and the shop and its parts were quite cool looking. I saw a frame they made for Larry Fredella and it was very beefy, looking anyway.

Was Wayne there? I've heard he is selling insurance???
Nice job so far and keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great point about the lights and tire. This machine is going to need some tweaking and eventually new tires. I figure as long as im running a linkert and a oem j slot everything is gonna be ok.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts