Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wheeled it out of the garage today as well as the KHK for a nice background, they both haven't seen the light of day in ages...

Missing a few bits that haven't arrived in time... As usual, they'll probably land AFTER the Easter break!!!

Patrick

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
WOW!!! Beautiful bikes.

You must have sold your testicles for that exhaust pipe.

I'm with Texas Rattler, some more pics of both would be great if you get the chance.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dragstews: Those poor head gaskets on that K...

Wait a second......What Headgaskets...???

Gotta ask.....How much Boost....???
Yes, just the usual silver paint... I saw slightly above 11 psi on my run, at about 4000rpm... It sounds like a demented 2 stroke, with the supercharger whine on top of it!!! :D

Patrick

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boy, I wish I had your parts, patience, time, money, ambition, knowledge, ect., ect. Both are very nice!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
beautiful bikes French

·
Registered
177 Posts
Man oh man, I love the KHK Special!!! Did you fab it up yourself? I'd love some more info on it! Also, are you going to speed week this year? Are you going to run the KHK?

That exhaust is tits man. I hate hearing stories like DragStews, if only you could've taken them off the dealers hands. They probably would have just given them to you back then!

Nice bikes, lets get some history now!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for all the nice comments!!!

Actually, these bikes don't cost me much, always looking for cheap parts, and if you look hard enough, you'll find them... I'm just a blue collar salaried guy like most of us around...

Example: the high pipes were wrongly listed on ebay as "modified chopper parts", result, "buy it now" at $200.00... Nice early headlamp was swapped for a valenced early XL rear fender with mate in the States, etc...

So just long hours in a cramped garage really. I can built stuff, braze and TIG, but can't machine anything... Just do the drawings and barter the machining with my mate who owns a nice engineering shop...

I made a built diary of the KHK here:

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,8744.0.html

But going to Bonneville and ship the bike over was a tad more expensive, I'm still feeling the pain, so that was surely a one off experience... But worth doing, that was a 60th birthday prezzy to meself!!!

The square rear forks are indeed 79 Sporty, but shortened a tad, with relocated shock mount so it's in front of the axle. Frame was hand made in chrome-moly Reynolds 531, again, I drawn it and a friend, sadly now deceised, made it, all bronze welded...

Patrick

·
Registered
157 Posts
great, beautiful bikes. thanks for sharing. love them both. that sportster is an exceptional specimen. and that khk speaks for itself. good for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts