1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very cool. Are you going to be restoring it/keeping it mostly stock?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I bought this last year just before heading out on the Motorcycle Cannonball. That took all my spare time and more money that I would have ever expected. Now it's time to start on this one. Cool looking, but a lot of odds and ends that need my attention before I can ride it. Have to redo the seat for sure, also pull off that Klaxton hand horn and find an electric one. Ignition seems home-made (I have to figure it out or replace it). The clutch is frozen but the engine seems to turn over OK with fair compression.
Once I get it running I will leave the paint on it and try to get it sorted and dependable. Too much stuff on it for my eye. Will probably pull the horn, speedometer, ammeter and luggage rack for a more streamlined look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My grandfather rode one of these in his day. He bought it new and had it until the 40's. He is gone now but I will always remember all the stories he told me about it. That bike you got there is like a dream to me I love it!

·
Registered
935 Posts
youre name is familiar,did you have something to do with a cycle classified rag,think it was from conn.and for a while featured Rick Seiman from "dirt bike" fame back in the 70s think you were the editor ....great work ,I miss it

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
youre name is familiar,did you have something to do with a cycle classified rag,think it was from conn.and for a while featured Rick Seiman from "dirt bike" fame back in the 70s think you were the editor ....great work ,I miss it
Yep, that's me. The magazine was Old Bike Journal. I am not and have never been Buzz Walneck :)

I now publish American Iron Magazine, RoadBike and recently started Motorcycle Bagger magazines. And I still love the old bikes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If that sucker runs I would agree with the others and love it how it is....Perfect patina...
Does not run right now but am going to see if I can change that soon.

I have begun poking around it and found a pair of newer style coils and a small 6 volt battery inside the battery box. Battery is beyond repair so I am charging up a replacement one and see if we can get it to fire and run.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I must be getting old... original/stock vintage bikes seem together my blood going more than modified bikes, most of the time now. That is beautiful... restored, I'd love to tool around town and ride to work on it...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts