Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year/model bike would be a good donor for a 19" wheel to put on a early 77 wide glide front end? Or is there a stock spoke/rim combo that will lace to the stock hub ?

·
Registered
618 Posts
find a 19" rim on ebay (or something) that's the right width for the tire you wanna run & has the correct number of spoke holes, then Buchanan's can cut custom spokes for you. Sometimes you'll need to send Buchanan's the rim and hub.

lilbill said:
What year/model bike would be a good donor for a 19" wheel to put on a early 77 wide glide front end? Or is there a stock spoke/rim combo that will lace to the stock hub ?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
el_butche said:
i got an aluminum 19 i took off a 74 sporty.. if you want it..

tire and spokes included...no hub.
i aint never gonna use it...

butche
wow, thanks for the offer but it won't work for what i want to do. i appreciate the offer though.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aj650 said:
find a 19" rim on ebay (or something) that's the right width for the tire you wanna run & has the correct number of spoke holes, then Buchanan's can cut custom spokes for you. Sometimes you'll need to send Buchanan's the rim and hub.
shit, for what buchanan gets for spokes i can buy two complete wheels off ebay.
the one thing we must keep foremost in our minds. "i'm a cheap sob" :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
it's not too bad in the long run, i got custom cut SS spokes for $75 -- they'll last

lilbill said:
shit, for what buchanan gets for spokes i can buy two complete wheels off ebay.
the one thing we must keep foremost in our minds. "i'm a cheap sob" :)

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Just get a set of chromed spokes from ANY custom H-D shop to fit a FL style hub to a 19" H-D drop center rim, wich you will find ANYWHERE...

If you buy a Custom 19" rim somewhere (not H-D) most likely it will be a Conventional type rim, keep that in mind when you order a set of spokes (Drop center or Conventional rim type) I would go the cheap way and find a used 2.50"-19" H-D rim around $ 25 together with a $ 45 set of spokes..done !

I personally don't like Stainless Steel spokes since they turn out to a gold shade after a while..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts