Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
the rolling circumference should be close either way you go, 16" or 18" -- check the specs on the sizes you're looking at and you'll see that the tires' overall diameters aren't far off.

if you must go whitewall; 18's are just harder to find, 16's are everywhere

(whitewalls are lame, but to each, his own) :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BritBikeMike said:
It depends on you as you are the builder. Just matters how you mount your fender and what look your after.
Im going for that old 60's bobber look, no real worries on the fender, havent even got that close yet, im just basically worried about fit, its the 18" with white wall in the rigid, what im worried about. So if it will fit, ill go for it......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aj650 said:
i was mostly talking about tires...
Now im tracking, little slow.... Ive found a guy local (in colorado) that has a few 18" white walls, but i was worried about fit.

As for the 16" on e-bay, not to many for a triumph out there, and to build one is out of my budget

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Galaxie500XL said:
What do you mean you can't find one on Ebay. Here's one I just pulled up, but it has a disk brake.
I guess i failed to mention im new to this triumph stuff, let alone building bikes, will this 16" work, or is there a lot of stuff i have to do to make it work?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Like Tim said, just look under Triumph, as far as the rim with the disk brake. I think you might want one with a drum brake on the rear.

SABTRUMP said:
I guess i failed to mention im new to this triumph stuff, let alone building bikes, will this 16" work, or is there a lot of stuff i have to do to make it work?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks Dave, I knew that early Triumph tanks were chrome, but I wasn't sure if that was one of them.

classicbike said:
its a 1938-1948 triumph gas tank when triumph ruled the world

dragon watch your pacemaker i hate it when they jump like that

or maybe its the cats thats got your tongue.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts