Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running an 18" rim on the rear of my bike. im looking for a high profile tire with an old style tread, something a little more meaty. one that is tall but not too wide (dont want chain clearance issues). i have a dunlop TT100 on it now but i think it looks a little too skimpy. any recommendations?

·
Registered
200 Posts
sojerscraper said:
im running an 18" rim on the rear of my bike. im looking for a high profile tire with an old style tread, something a little more meaty. one that is tall but not too wide (dont want chain clearance issues). i have a dunlop TT100 on it now but i think it looks a little too skimpy. any recommendations?
that tires rules; you're crazy!

haha. i've been planning to stop by and check out your bike all week, but things keep popping up. last night i had to pay my dues as a pickup truck owner and help move a big screen TV. H-E-A-V-Y

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ed! yes, i am crazy. i like the tire & all but before i fab a bunch of fender brackets to run with this size tire, id like to know if i can go with a little more meat out back.

tuesday night i was in the garage from 4:30 til 10:30. tonight will probably be the same, stop over & knock on the garage door. holly & johnson.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Easy--avon MKII. It comes in an 18" and has all of your desired characteristics.

sojerscraper said:

·
Registered
15 Posts
sojerscraper said:
thanks for the input guys. anybody have any pics of them mounted on thier bike (18")?
FWIW- The 16" and 18" look different and have different tread patterns as far as i know... I really dig the 16" but the 18" doesn't do it for me personally. I had an 18" on the bike shown here. I ordered it from somewhere thinking that the 18" was the same as the 16" but found out it was different pattern once i got it..

Sorry the pics are not very hi resolution but if you go to:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=9169&department=647&division=6

..You can see what i'm talking about. Even though the tires pictured there are 16" and 19" that looks real similar to the 18 i had.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well since were on this topic.... My rear is a 90 - 18 made by Goodyear (states it replaces the 4.50 x 18), so i look in the trusty ol' Haynes book on tires replacement and it states to go with a 3.50 x 18. So my question is, do I go with a 110/90 x 18, 120/90 x 18, 3.50 x 18, or a 4.50 x 18? Sorry for the stupid questions, I just want to make sure I order the right tire. Also, what a good size for a standard Triumph front 19"?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts