Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can it be done without frame mods and sprocket line up w/o hitting inside of frame?

would like to leave the wheel whole and have rear disc brake

anybody here done it w/o major mods?

my motor is all torn down or I`d mock it up myself and see

worse comes to worse, the rim is getting laced to a hokey-ass Trump drum

but I`m really wanting a "period INcorrect" rear disc brake

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Slim said:
can it be done without frame mods and sprocket line up w/o hitting inside of frame?
I did it on my '68 a few years ago.

Use the stock hub, spacers, etc. You'll have to dish the rim appropriately to have the tire clear the chain. You will NOT be able to center the rim in the fork. Instead, it must set a little to the right so that the tire clears the chain.

You can run a 130 in most brands, and possibly a 140 for a few brands with a little monkey work and a close fit.

I can't imagine having room to fit a disk brake setup however. Where there's a will (and a welder) there's a way.

jason

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You'll have to widen it for the disc brake. Maybe someone can show you how they did it differently, but in my experience, it won't fit without widening the frame.

You could run a sprocket brake, that might fit OK. With a triumph, a sprocket brake on the back is probably enough rear brake since they are so light.

Slim said:

would like to leave the wheel whole and have rear disc brake

anybody here done it w/o major mods?

my motor is all torn down or I`d mock it up myself and see

worse comes to worse, the rim is getting laced to a hokey-ass Trump drum

but I`m really wanting a "period INcorrect" rear disc brake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts