Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did well and achieved an official run of 113.275 MPH. It took me 10-12 weeks to finish this lsr bike, this is the reason i couldnt post updates for my "Redesigning The 1956 Triumph" project.

The frame is stock i only moved the foot pegs to the rear a bit, an original pre war girder front end with no Fairing, totally naked with steel oil/gas tanks. My girlfriend jay hand sewed the seat pad with real leather, i tig welded the lightweight stainless pipes, fabed the fender etc.. there is much more detail in the build but i will let the pictures do the talking..

I was still working on the bike last week on Thursday, had many problems with parts etc.. so i never had the chance to run it, i fired the engine one time and that was it.

Fortunately tech inspection went smoothly, the only problem was the number plate that i had to remove, it was a rule change for this year, the rear wheel had to be exposed.

Many thanks to Tyler at "Lowbrow Customs" He helped Jay and I out with the logistics at one of our first runs. Congrats on your record!

checking out my first timing slip, 107mph

113.275 MPH on a naked 1952 triumph with a pre war girder was a interesting experience.

I already miss the salt and my lsr project plans has just began..

'c ya next year at the salt

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Ya know I think they do that just because they have nothing better to do than to change rulls for GP!!!

Other than that, good job!!!!

And your GF looked cold!?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Congrats on getting to the Salt Astek!! And congrats on 113! Decent speed. I saw the bike and didn't realize it was yours. My apologies. Cool bike. Funny how the salt bites ya and before you leave you are making plans for next year! Same here. Hope to see you there in 2012.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Awesome result!! Well done mate. I know its probably been covered before and just a suggestion if there were JJ stickers so many of the posts we see about members being in each others vicinity at events mayt change to posts about making new friends??

·
Registered
732 Posts
that looks like a dream come true...

awesome pics...

happy for you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats Alp. Didnt get a chance to say hi. Sorry. Saw your bike in line and saw you run on tuesday (i think). All the days got jumbled together. Awesome that everyrhing went well for you.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, apreciate it.. and also thanks to Wes my friend at "Four Aces Cycle" Without his knowledge/experience i wouldn't be able to go this far..

here is the 113 mph timing slip..
You dog!!! How did you luck out and get to run with a DA of 5810 ft.? Every time I ran the DA was above 7200 ft. The lowest DA I saw was at 7:30 in the morning on a record return and it was 6400 ft.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You dog!!! How did you luck out and get to run with a DA of 5810 ft.? Every time I ran the DA was above 7200 ft. The lowest DA I saw was at 7:30 in the morning on a record return and it was 6400 ft.
i guess just pure luck, it was my only morning run, my 110.105 mph time slip shows 6947ft, all others are around 7000ft as well.. I'm wondering how the bike would run at El Mirage now..

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'm wondering how the bike would run at El Mirage now..
Well.......I think you know the answer to that question. Sept. 11 will give you the answer. I'll be there but not racing. Bonneville bust me financially but coming home with two records takes the sting out of it.

P.S. I would love to see you there and see how the Triumph runs in the dirt. I suspect the answer would be, pretty good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts