born free 6 bikes - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 06-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
The Dewd

Default born free 6 bikes

is there a place on the "net" one can see all of the builders finished bikes?
The Dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Default Re: born free 6 bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewd View Post
is there a place on the "net" one can see all of the builders finished bikes?
I'm sure you can find pics on guys instagram accounts? There are some pics, etc. on the Born Free blog.

I'm planning on taking pics, but won't be posting them until next week, yeah I know, that doesn't help you now.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
The Dewd

i dont have an account so im sol. thanks for the reply though.
The Dewd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
panhead_pete

There two awesome builds coming out of MN. These pics from their facebook pages. Both members here. Jordan and then Kevin's builds. Both great looking bikes with interesting motors, particularly Jordan's.

Thanks
Pete
panhead_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Thanks Pete, both of those bikes look great!

Dewd: You don't need an instagram account to view pictures from people who have instagram accounts.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
RidingHood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewd View Post
i dont have an account so im sol. thanks for the reply though.
You dont need to be signed into instagram ,I am way to old and jaded for that sort of hipster stuff ;-)
just use an instagram viewer like pinsta me or webstagram
to eyeball the bikes etc.
For example to find Joey Cano I typed in joeythefish pinsta me into a google search and got his instagram(kinda helps if you know what their online signature is ,but you can soon get around once youve got it figured)
ie http://pinsta.me/joeythefish
also if you find the bornfree instagram ,look in the "following" folder and you can find the links to various builders -and a whole bunch of other folk aswell .
cheers R
RidingHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
BackPorchChoppers

OKAY, I will probably get slammed for posting this maybe even booted, but I don't care. I just like motorcycles no matter which of the numerous sights I a member of that I get to see email on. So screw it Chopcult.com has a whole video series on the invited builders inwhich you get a glimpse or two of most of the completed builds. Even if they don't show the completed build they show enough that your imagination can fill in the blanks. CHOP ON motorcycles are cooooooool.
BackPorchChoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
jakespade77

I'd really like to see what Paul Cox came up with. He did some crazy machining to the heads of some donor motor...
Old 06-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #9
panhead_pete

Heads??? Have a look at the crankcases of Jordan's knuckle - anything look different?

Thanks
Pete
panhead_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
terd ferguson

Tom Fugle is amazing. Oil in fender panhead.

"Helix was a wicked concert. Fuck, I sold a lot of dope at that concert. I mean, they had good lyrics like, 'Gimme an R-O-C-K', and the crowd yells "ROCK" really loud. Now that's a fuckin' concert! Rush just don't do stuff like that. They got these lyrics about how trees are talking to each other and how different sides of your brain works, or outerspace bullshit." -Ricky

IG @high_style_neat_chopper_stuff
@terdferguson13
terd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #11
Tinman

Oh man, that's the first pic I've seen of Tom's bike all together. I wanted to go really badly this year to see it in person, but this is a good start to the tidal wave of photos to come...
Old 06-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
Jesse_in_NY

Tom's bike is incredible!
Jesse_in_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #13
reverb

...ok, so I clicked Youtube and watched all the 22 clips in a row.
First one is the one with this guy T Fugle (that by the way, some there is saying that this bike was actually from another builders in the past and no credits etc...); I have to mention that s the best clip, kind of a cinema camera a director that knows his labor and a good original music. Rest of the clips are ok; couple really basics and couple with good storyboards.

-For what I saw, the cafe racer HD from couple of guys from Detroit or like that and the one from Tokyo (Bratstyle shop) are the killers; also a flathead HD shortie that looked pretty good.

-I m a Triumph guy so I want to say that (except W White that his build does not appears) are ok but not with the same "love" like with the HD builders; I mean, why ALWAYS the same period bobber, on and on? Also is what s the main Triumph build here in this forum too...
man, Triumph have a large history, with many changes and advances in their motorcycles, so inspire your brain with that; do like the Japanese guys that try to "open" other doors, not the same bobber on and on...
that s in my opinion, looks pretty good, but lack of possibilities (more if you want to compete with these other HD builds) + that s not resemble a British motorcycle.
If were my build I tried with a pre 40s British racer adapted to this new Century or take advantage of the first suspensions and build something streamlined...but still that looked British; so, different and stylish.
I understand that is a USA event and the California Triumph bobber is kind of a definition of a Triumph there, but I repeat, what I see is that the builders that use the HD (or copies) motors, put more investigation, search, etc to find or try an unique point of view to define their shops, the Triumph guys do not.
reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #14
jakespade77

Here's a link to Paul's motor. I think it started as a cone shovel, not sure. But its an open head design. Few vids on his Facebook...
https://m.facebook.com/PaulCoxIndust...eline&filter=1
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #15
RidingHood

Triumphs are just so beautiful they dont need as much cutomising as a harley boat anchor -just joking,
besides Todd couldnt work his triumph magic ( his bikes are brilliant in style and execution) this year due to the three year rule ,so they gave him the giveaway knuck to build instead.

If people want to get an awesome photo record of the Japanese built bikes that were shipped to bornfree, get a copy of the latest ROLLER magazine issue #11 where all seven bikes are featured , both the Brat Style bike and the "kraken" are photographed superbly,well worth the money
RidingHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:45 PM   #16
jakespade77

I just checked out Jordins Knuckle. Holy bad ass!!!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #17
Topher

Of the bikes I've seen, Tom's Pan is by far my favorite. The bars are my only complaint. All that detail and it looks as though he grabbed some apes off the shelf. Blah. The paint is incredible on that thing.

C
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #18
richbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverb View Post
...ok, so I clicked Youtube and watched all the 22 clips in a row.
First one is the one with this guy T Fugle (that by the way, some there is saying that this bike was actually from another builders in the past and no credits etc...); I have to mention that s the best clip, kind of a cinema camera a director that knows his labor and a good original music. Rest of the clips are ok; couple really basics and couple with good storyboards.

-For what I saw, the cafe racer HD from couple of guys from Detroit or like that and the one from Tokyo (Bratstyle shop) are the killers; also a flathead HD shortie that looked pretty good.

-I m a Triumph guy so I want to say that (except W White that his build does not appears) are ok but not with the same "love" like with the HD builders; I mean, why ALWAYS the same period bobber, on and on? Also is what s the main Triumph build here in this forum too...
man, Triumph have a large history, with many changes and advances in their motorcycles, so inspire your brain with that; do like the Japanese guys that try to "open" other doors, not the same bobber on and on...
that s in my opinion, looks pretty good, but lack of possibilities (more if you want to compete with these other HD builds) + that s not resemble a British motorcycle.
If were my build I tried with a pre 40s British racer adapted to this new Century or take advantage of the first suspensions and build something streamlined...but still that looked British; so, different and stylish.
I understand that is a USA event and the California Triumph bobber is kind of a definition of a Triumph there, but I repeat, what I see is that the builders that use the HD (or copies) motors, put more investigation, search, etc to find or try an unique point of view to define their shops, the Triumph guys do not.
i got through 6 couldn't watch anymore.

"Ultimately were all dead men"(Oliver Reed.Gladiator)
richbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
twistedtee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespade77 View Post
Here's a link to Paul's motor. I think it started as a cone shovel, not sure. But its an open head design. Few vids on his Facebook...
https://m.facebook.com/PaulCoxIndust...eline&filter=1
I'd love to see that mess on a Spin-Tron. How do you think those heim joint pushrod /rocker arm connections perform @ 6,000rpm? What is the point of creating something that is less functional than OEM? That is anti -hot rod.
Jerry
Rhode Island
twistedtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #20
jakespade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtee View Post
I'd love to see that mess on a Spin-Tron. How do you think those heim joint pushrod /rocker arm connections perform @ 6,000rpm? What is the point of creating something that is less functional than OEM? That is anti -hot rod.
Jerry
Rhode Island
I guess time will tell of it'll last. I like to see new stuff. Don't get me wrong, the same old stuff polished up and put into a chopped frame is cool, but when you push it over the top, I think that take balls.