1961 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster Chopper project - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Bikes For Sale

Old 10-27-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
govmule84
Forum Dipshit

Default 1961 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster Chopper project

City: Emmaus
State: PA
Price: 1800

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/kFsvJVY

Up for sale is a 1961 Harley Sportster XLH. This motorcycle has good numbers, but is sold without a title for parts only. It's a chopper project. Raked stock frame.

Has an extended 33.4mm front end with a spool-hub 21" wheel. What I think is the original front wheel is included with the bike. It has a set of tins in matching paint on the bike, and what I think are an additional set of the factory fenders to go with it. (They look like they may be chrome?) The rear hub and brake appear to be original and are laced to a 16" wheel. I have an 18" hoop to go with it that I believe is the original rear wheel.

Smith Brothers & Fetrow rear fender struts. (Originals are included, and have matching bullet lights with real glass lenses.) Beck taillight. Corbin-Gentry Hustler saddle. (Inspected by Elaine!) Magneto that appears to be a Fairbanks-Morse. Neat one-piece chromed riser and split handlebars. (Comes with an extra set of bars.) Original Linkert DC-12 carburetor included, with backing plate and choke assembly.

There's also a mess of pieces to go with the motorcycle. Motor is halfway apart for unknown reasons. Rocker boxes missing.

I'm not an Ironhead guy, so if I missed anything, ask me for pictures and I'll shoot 'em for ya.
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #2
govmule84
Forum Dipshit

Default Re: 1961 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster Chopper project

Motor is sold.
Black tank sold.
Black fender sold.
Fender struts sold.
Spool wheel sold.
Fork and bars sold.

PM for individual piece prices.