This is the designated "how much is it worth" thread..... - Page 53 - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #1041
hilbilypanman

Default Re: This is the designated "how much is it worth" thread.....

63 6k orig miles, 2500.00
what do you think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	triumph 63.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	73948  
hilbilypanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1042
Scavenger

clean paper and running,,yeah
Old 02-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #1043
hilbilypanman

clean paper and running yes, any pros and conc of 63 vs .....any other similar

Old 02-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #1044
Scavenger

I think its a first year unit ,,people can argure good and bads,,but ... check over frame and motor for weld ie repairs etc..the basics you would with any bike
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #1045
whittiger650

Cool Re: This is the designated "how much is it worth" thread.....

Looks like a nice bike and like has been stated if it has a title then the price is very good IMO. From what I can see, I don't think it's a '63 though. Looks like a '68-'70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilbilypanman View Post
63 6k orig miles, 2500.00
what do you think

"
And now you do what they told ya"
whittiger650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #1046
hilbilypanman

title says 63, numbers are t6r???
working from memory here, looked at it last night.
The front of engine bolts to frame with no plates?
I obviously am not a Triumph guy.
Bob
http://jadmachine.blogspot.com
Old 02-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #1047
lackluster

May be a '63 frame and motor. Hopefully the title says TR6, not T6R . The picture is pretty small, but the front brake is most definitely a '68-'70. No matter what, good numbers and a title on a running rideable pre OIF, $2500 is a great price. $2000 would be even better!
lackluster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #1048
whittiger650

Cool Re: This is the designated "how much is it worth" thread.....

If the numbers are from DU101 to DU5824 then it is a ' 63. Also, '63 footrest brackets bolt to the bottom rails of the frame and not the rear engine mounting plates. One year only on that set-up. I said what I did because everything that can be seen in the pic is '68-'70...taillight, tank badges ('69-'70), front brake plate. It also looks like it has a 21" front rim. Not stock but cool if you want to sell it or trade it for a stock 19"...once you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilbilypanman View Post
title says 63, numbers are t6r???
working from memory here, looked at it last night.
The front of engine bolts to frame with no plates?
I obviously am not a Triumph guy.
Bob
http://jadmachine.blogspot.com

"
And now you do what they told ya"
whittiger650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #1049
Sturdly

I'm thinking of letting go of my last project and all related parts collected over the last 30 years. Would prefer to sell as a package but have no idea what it might be worth in today's market. Let me know what you think it might go for please and thank you. Details below.......

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/u...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Sheet metal:

Tank set #1: 1948ish unmodified. Includes, emblem mounts, gas valve and oil dip stick. No caps included. Solid no serious rust, dent in oil tank. May have dents under some bondo, never had them down to bare metal.

Tank set #2 :unknown year petcock moved to rear, shift handle mount removed, gate mount holes filled. Solid no serious rust may have dents under some bondo, never had them down to bare metal.

Rear fenders: 1955 up complete with tail lights, 1 correct lens, stock bezels and plate mount . No rust through minimal dents.

Box:, year unknown: Some dents and bent corners on rear valance. Brackets for but no apron. No rust through. Spent years as Mesa Arizona Conoco service vehicle. Pretty solid no rust through overall good condition. Includes stock outer bumper brackets and a decent non stock chrome heavy duty rear bumper. No stock latches and a few extra holes drilled for some kind of latch. Probably for a Stanley hardware store piece or something.

Front fender: Cheap repro early springer style not the correct airstream style.

Mechanical:

Motor 1955: loose bottom end. NOS top end including .000 over pistons, rings, cylinders, valves, guides etc. Needs proper valve seating and is installed for mock up purposes only. Incorrect top motor mount for aluminum heads. Cases and cam cover partly polished, High comp polished aluminum heads probably #5. Has correct M 18 Linkert and manifold. Last run with old top end in 1976 when it sucked a valve and destroyed piston, etc. Misc Hardware including new head bolt washers and cylinder base nuts. No visible cracks or repairs, have clear title and the belly numbers match. Two used cylinders unknown bore.

Transmission believe to be 1955: 3spd w/reverse. Partially polished case. Very loose clutch bearing, ran and shifted ok when last run in 1976. Needs rebuild I'm sure. No visible cracks or repairs. New clutch springs, relined friction surfaces and the basket looks ok from the outside.

Exhaust: Period NOS replacement muffler low profile includes front hanger bracket. No exhaust pieces or clamps for the motor included.

Frame and wheels:

Rear wheels: correct and complete with all hub cap clips in tact, old stainless trim rings and original Goodyear tires. No hub caps included.

Rear end: Believe to be 1955. Total rebuild in 1969 including one axle, used until 1976. Has all truss rods, rear chain covers, drums ok, new wheel cylinders, etc. minor wear on diff cover where chain enters and exits. Includes clamp on siren mount bracket. No other siren parts.

Frame: believe to be 1955, hydraulic brake style. Has had support rod loops removed and a few extra holes to mount box frame in a cobbed together manner. Otherwise straight and clean neck never cut has all other tabs and rear end adjusting bolts. No serious rust. New support springs, original shocks with upper mounts, lower shock mounts have had studs cut off but are there. Support rod and box mount frame with leaf springs, that frame part is pretty rusty but servicable. New repro neck cups and bearings. Support straps with pedals, mounting rods, repro running boards and mounting bolts. No crash bar included. New pogo rod bushing.

Later model Harley seat, original seat T with clevis pin, new bushings and wire clip, pogo stick needs upper link replaced as that was ground down. Repro external booster spring, link and rivet included.

Springer: NOS rear legs, rebushed big twin rockers and new studs, repro front legs. Springs, headlight mount , axle, spacer etc. included. Chromed brake shackle not correct but a Harley part. Big twin brake complete with drum etc.

Bars: Inline standard appear straight and came off a running servicar. Look to have been repaired, appears to be some bondo or filler at braze on area by the pinch bolt holes. Includes complete repro control kit, with chrome spirals, grips, etc. Repro brake lever and cables, included.

Front wheels: 1 each 18" spool hub with Avon speedmaster tire. 1 each 16" chrome star hub wheel with wide white Cheng Shin tire. 1 each 16" star hub painted with original spokes and repro rim laced to it no tire. 18" WLA wheel complete with brake, axle and some sort of tire. 5 each repro lug bolts.

Dash and electrical:

Dash: Complete with original switch, no key. Speedo original complete and spins up. Trip meter resets but the bezel and glass have been off plus it's well weathered needs a rebuild. Chrome dash cover not sure if its a Harley part or not. Fan cooled 6 volt generator and NOS regulator. Repro headlight, horn and front fender accessory light.

Etc: A bunch of little pieces. nuts, bolts, clips, gaskets for the lights, rear chain oiler tube, motor sprockets, new master cylinder, brake lines and hoses, speedo cable, 6v coil, kicker support bracket, clamps and spring for the box support rod, misc. mounting brackets, etc.
Sturdly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #1050
rsssbelair

I picked up a set of 48EL cases over the weekend. they are matching line bore # and the vin is still intact but it is very rough around it. There was a weld job that no one finished, may be a good thing.

anyways, I see more FL cases then EL cases, didn't know if they are close for price between the two or what. anyone give me a idea on what these cases would sell for, I don't have title.

thanks,
kory

rsssbelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #1051
dinuns1

8-1500 for the cases , how is the cam hole and all the motor mounts .
dinuns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #1052
F8TL

picked up this norton in a hacked up frame with this early harley fork...

going to sell the fork with trees and wheel but have no idea what it is worth...

thanks for looking...

my harley bro says FL and stamp on trees xxxxx-48 and measures 31" from bottom tree to axle center (so longer than stock tubes)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	norton.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	74190  

Last edited by F8TL; 03-03-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added info
F8TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #1053
svwannabe

I don't post much here but I figured this would be a good spot to see how much this gem is worth.... Original AEE seat in really good shape... If I could get some coin for it I would be willing to let it go... Otherwise I might hold onto this piece of history... Thanks, Lars...

svwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #1054
Brog

How much is a cone HD shovelhead motor with s&s stroker internals and no heads?
This motor has a title by the way.

Also I have the option of buying just the stock HD shovel cases with title? What would be the lowest price?
Brog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #1055
slim55g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brog View Post
How much is a cone HD shovelhead motor with s&s stroker internals and no heads?
This motor has a title by the way.

Also I have the option of buying just the stock HD shovel cases with title? What would be the lowest price?
A cone shovel motor doesn't come with a title, you will need a notorized bill of sale for it, after 1970 the title goes to the frame, "IN MOST STATES" check with your local DMV for specifics, but the value is basicaly parts, unless you can hear it run!! No heads , cone motor i wouldn't pay more than $600 -$800 & thats on the high end. $400-$600 is closer to reality , & assume you will need to rebuild it anyway... Just my opinion.
slim55g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #1056
Brog

Ok cool thank you for the info, he did say I could hear it run if I want, he was just switching everything he had into a new set of s&s cases and offered to sell me the stock cases. He did say it had a title and it was a 1970 could it be right on the brink of the switch to the frame numbers or no?
Thanks again dude
Brog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #1057
Cody Guthrie

Alright guys need to know what a set of tanks are worth, they are the 1 year only right side petcock 1966 shovelhead tanks. They are in pretty good condition with the tank mounts still intact and the OEM petcock. Any ideas? thanks for the help..
Cody Guthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #1058
james

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while. I recently decided to part with a pair of Kimtab wheels I've had hanging in the garage for a while. I got them with old tires mounted and left them like that. Well I decided to clean them up to sell and took off the tires. The inside, especially on the front, has LOTS of pitting, and almost looks like globs of magnesium. Were these machined smooth when new? The outside of the wheel is great shape, very little pitting. Also, there was lots of white powder inside, almost like plaster? These had tubes, but knowing how leaky magnesium wheels can be might of someone tried to seal them up with something? I just took a wire wheel to it to clean them up some. Anyone know what year these were made? The only thing I found was a "585" on the 18" and 595 on the 19". I figure early 70's only because I heard these were the inspiration for the bmx motomags of that period. Any idea on what they are worth in this shape? I know I've seen them as high as $1600 a pair
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kimtab tablocs1 (3).JPG
Views:	128
Size:	597.4 KB
ID:	75627   Click image for larger version

Name:	kimtab tablocs1 (5).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	75628   Click image for larger version

Name:	kimtab tablocs1 (6).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	75629  

james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #1059
kwest187

oops, 1st let me apologize for not posting this in the correct location the 1st time-
I found a 1973 Triumph Daytona locally for 2600. It appears to be almost complete and running. I don't know much of anything about Triumphs, i.e. good years, trouble motors or hard to find parts years and such-
Is there anything I should look for if I go to check out this bike?
Thanks for any info-
kwest187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #1060
Robik

Hi guys, just want to ask you how much this front loop with engine may cost?
It's 1969 Triumph TR6. Owner said engine was running ok, top rocker assembly needs to be put back together. Matching numbers, no title.
Thanks for your help!

Robik is offline   Reply With Quote