'63 Swingarm Pan frame question.. - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
graniteshins44

Default '63 Swingarm Pan frame question..

I picked up this 1963 panhead drop seat frame, but the mounts on top are clearly not MoCo, just wondered if anyone had seen anything like this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200222_150454.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	855.7 KB
ID:	256278   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200222_150457.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	865.7 KB
ID:	256280  
“Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals…”
-Emma Goldman
graniteshins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Default Re: '63 Swingarm Pan frame question..

Aftermarket kit that used to be sold in the catalogs years ago, probably still available from V-twin.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #3
graniteshins44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD48FL View Post
Aftermarket kit that used to be sold in the catalogs years ago, probably still available from V-twin.
Right on, I wonder what the reason would be for it? This frame had those tabs from the factory. Maybe someone chopperized it back in the day and someone on down the line tried to put it back stock?
I've got to cut it off and replace it anyway, as the top is about 1/8" off center of the neck, and that'll drive me crazy. Is there anywhere that sells just the castings/tabs, without the plate that runs along the backbone, so they could be welded on separate to look like factory?
“Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals…”
-Emma Goldman

Old 02-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Yep, they were made for frames that had the original pieces removed.

Wasco has frame parts:

http://www.wascoframe.com/store/panhead-frame-parts
Old 02-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
graniteshins44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD48FL View Post
Yep, they were made for frames that had the original pieces removed.

Wasco has frame parts:

http://www.wascoframe.com/store/panhead-frame-parts
You're a champion! Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate you taking the time.👍
-Emma Goldman
Old 02-22-2020, 10:43 PM   #6
69camfrk

Location: GA, If you want sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis

I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only person to have worked on a Harley in their bedroom! My wife never did like it when I did that though. Not sure why....
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
graniteshins44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only person to have worked on a Harley in their bedroom! My wife never did like it when I did that though. Not sure why....
Lol! I built my Triumph in her dining room, told her it would be the last time....oops.😁
She wasn't super happy last night when she got home, the reason it was in the bedroom, was I was torching/scraping bondo off the frame while watching some TV...so needless to say it didnt smell awesome in the bedroom.when she got home.😅
-Emma Goldman
Old 02-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #8
ncmc47

You might check the parts at Hillbilly Vintage Classics, although Richard at Wasco has excellent stuff as well.
ncmc47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #9
graniteshins44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmc47 View Post
You might check the parts at Hillbilly Vintage Classics, although Richard at Wasco has excellent stuff as well.
Right on my man, I'll definitely do exactly that. Thank you very much for the reference
I got frame gusset ordered from Wasco today (they were alot cheaper than vtwin) as my frame apparently missed the recall, and thus has no gusset welded in on the primary side. Always looking for sources for the real stuff though, so thank you very much for the suggestion, and if you're ever in Nashville, beer is on me.😁👍
-Emma Goldman
Old 02-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #10
VonWegener

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteshins44 View Post
I got frame gusset ordered from Wasco today (they were alot cheaper than vtwin)

Amazing as most of the parts Wasco sells are from V-twin. He even uses parts of the V-twin number as his own order number

VonWegener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #11
graniteshins44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonWegener View Post
Amazing as most of the parts Wasco sells are from V-twin. He even uses parts of the V-twin number as his own order number
Who knows, numbers dont lie though. Lol $24 from vtwin $19 from Wasco
-Emma Goldman
Old 02-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #12
joe49

Most OEM sell retail at list prices and wholesale discount price to retailers to leave a profit margin for the retailers. Mark up is the choice of the retailer.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #13
graniteshins44

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe49 View Post
Most OEM sell retail at list prices and wholesale discount price to retailers to leave a profit margin for the retailers. Mark up is the choice of the retailer.
No doubt👍 economics 101
-Emma Goldman