Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstitions?

9K views 78 replies 65 participants last post by  Sturdly 
#1 ·
Any of you guys have any superstitions when it comes to your bikes or riding. I've been told by a few friends that bikes with green paint are bad luck. Just wondering if anyone had any superstitions when it comes to motorcycles.

#64 ·
I don't believe in any superstitions, but I don't hate any of you for believing in them, I have nothing against them. I ride a green bike, and all my bikes do have bells on them. They were all just gifts, from people I care about. I don't think they will save me from anything, I just like them.

#65 ·
My Ultra Classic and Zx750 are both green. Bought the Ultra from a bro a few years after i hit and killed a deer on my 05 softtail while riding alongside him on that ultra. Then a few years later i killed another deer while riding my 07 softtail. Neither of the softtails were green but they both had fairybells on them. Fairybells are like Gremlinbells but keep the **** away. After hitting each deer i did not see any **** anywhere around....luck? I think not. Superstition i do have is always get on bike from the left side. Even on shovels and evo after kickstarting id climb off and walk around to get back on.

#72 ·
with or without green paint and or a bell - i don't know too many guys that have not dumped their bike or been cut off / hit by a car - or know someone that has -
it's a motorcycle - i knew from the start it would not be the safest choice of transport
i guess i'm not superstitious but i do like to have a horn that works

#73 ·
Back in the 70's at the HD shop I was working at, I asked my boss about the green bike superstition(all his personal bikes were green). He said that it went back to a nasty accident at a board track race in the teens or 20's where several people were killed after a green bike went down, causing most of the other racers behind him to wreck. I have heard this story a few other times over the years, but never any documentation.

#75 ·
" I live & ride in florida, the green blends in & the blue hairs can't see you"
sorry guys, but SLIM has got this one! green blends in with 90% of the world.
sure, we all know that you can paint yer bike flouro orange and hang bells,whistles and bleeding sirens on it and some one will pull out in front of you, but camoflaging your bike to blend in with the natural surroundings WILL increase your chances of being pulled out on even by those drivers who are paying a modicum of attention!
only superstition here with any basis in logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.