Jockey Journal Forum banner

Hiding the battery

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  joes bakery 
#1 ·
I have seen custom bikes with electric start but really couldn't see the battery. I'm building my first bobber it's a 75 shovel any suggestions on hiding the battery?

G
#5 ·
What JAWS was showing is a tank for 64 and back...

Pretty much the same as what after/market has for the later Big Twins...

This ready made tank for your year bike uses a Softail battery...
The bike is a 79 that I chopped out a few years ago...

The FXST battery will work fine with your stock 75 starter...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say Sal....
Kinda been checking the ..........

New? Introduce yourself here!

for your intro.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#6 ·
i've used lithium ion... made battery packs with both a123 LiFePO cells, and tearing into a dewalt battery pack for its mystery cells. worked well, able to turn over the motor in my suburban without issue. if i were to do it again, i'd just buy a pack.

eventually i fried the last pack i made... now i'm using a lead acid. old school reliability.

#10 ·
From Irish Rich:

"OK, working on MY STUFF for a change. Under-transmission battery tray and electrical box for my CFL. Love these Antigravity batteries. 3.4 lbs, 480cca. One hand holds the tray up effortlessly, the other hand installs the bolts......"

G
#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragstews

Say Sal....

for your intro.

I think he missed this in your post?

===============================================

I think your right.....:D

He's taking alot of the fun out of Greeting him to JJ by all the members that would want to say Hello and Welcome...

I can see our Welcome Ambassador (Dan) with a frown on his face right about now....;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragstews

Say Sal....

for your intro.

I think he missed this in your post?

===============================================

I think your right.....:D

He's taking alot of the fun out of Greeting him to JJ by all the members that would want to say Hello and Welcome...

I can see our Welcome Ambassador (Dan) with a frown on his face right about now....;)
Does Dan even know that he has that title?

#14 ·
I see somebody actually looks at my Facebook page, haha! I've had good luck with the Antigravity batteries, and yeah, you can stash them just about anywhere. Eric, that owns Antigravity Batteries, is a very knowledgeable guy, and his customer service is 2nd to none. In the case of the 16 cell battery I'm stashing under my 5 speed transmission, I originally designed the tray to take a Softail-sized battery, with 320cca, and a weight of 14 lbs. The 16 cell Antigravity weighs 3.4 lbs, and has 460cca., and is about 1/2 the size of the Softail battery.

But, if you want to stick with an AGM battery, a Softail-sized battery will fit in the area under a 4 speed, and it'll hang below the frame rails about 3/4", which as far as ground clearance loss goes, even with 11" shocks (as on the bike here), is minimal. I've done several of those trays to stash the battery under the trans, and you can see one of them peeking out below Randy's frame here.....

#15 ·
I see somebody actually looks at ...
I apologize for the preemptive strike.. You do some really cool work down there in the land of legal pot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.