Jockey Journal Forum banner

Post Your Bike Stands

8K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  front st cycle 
#1 ·
Well, I'm looking for idea's on how I should build a bike stand *the ones a couple feet off the ground* if you got a homemade one, post it up :)

#8 ·
Now that is COOL!! I have about 40 ft. of tubing at the side of the house. I know what I'm going to do with it!

#10 ·
mine is a couple of saw horses with a piece of 3/4 ply on top and tied the legs together
with some scrap 1x2's and 1x4's. gonna make one eventually like beatcads that rolls and
i can store parts in bottom.

#12 ·
Here's a strange one that might be hard to find...but works great. I was cruising craig's list and found this medical exam table for free. Brought it home, pulled the upholstery and legs off and welded some casters to it. It fuckin rocks, has drawers and cabinet. This is the only pic I have, from my cellphone. Not the greatest pic...but you get the idea. Its one of those from the doctors office that has the paper roll stashed underneath to cover the upholstery....little pullout step on the end....

they also had a free surgical table but it looked like something out of a snuff film so I passed on that.

Attachments

#14 ·
scanned this out of an ancient EasyRiders "Techs 'n' Tips" book. Slap a 3/4" plywood top on her and a 4x4 stop at the end for your front wheel. A 2x10 on/off ramp hooked to the other end, and Robert's your mother's brother!

#18 ·
This probably doesn't qualify, but it's half homebuilt so I'll throw it in. The lift base is a cheapie I found used for $100. The table was too short and the ramp was bent so I added a table made of 2x10's and a plywood surface. It goes up 32", which is a good working height. I wouldn't want to roll an FLH up a ramp to that height alone, but a Trump might be ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.